DM800hdse

srgberian

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
well received the box this morning plugged it in booted up and it has the nemesis duel enigma image on it (for a new box thought it would have the dream d6 on it) it has the a8p sim inside already .Would it be better to flash and install a new image like OPEN PLI ?

well received the box this morning plugged it in booted up and it has the nemesis duel enigma image on it (for a new box thought it would have the dream d6 on it) it has the a8p sim inside already .Would it be better to flash and install a new image like OPEN PLI ?

Hi mate i would recommend openpli 3.0 to you.I have been running it since i got A8P sim.I have had no problems only that the image does not like tspanel so if you go with it do NOT install it.
For me it is a great image fast and stable..lots of plugins i have not used before and has hdmi cec built in so when your tv is turned of it puts box into standby i thought that was great.
I have also experimented with DBUK 2.12 and dream elite 4 genuine images but much prefer openpli and the image updates from software managment no problem.
I have installed lte 6 skin and all the usual plugins everything is great with about 8mb left on flash.

Last edited:
can this image be loaded via usb as mmy old cable doesent fit thee new box?

Flash it through the web browser m8,

Mick did a tut on it in the dream box section,should be a sticky :)

thanx just playing with nemesis @ the moment b4 i flash it...got epg sat list etc all done cccams etc in but the box wont move the dish set long n lat etc set disq etc but there seems no power to motor dropped the tm box bak on and dish moves fine . Cn you use flashfxp to do the box like the tm? well left the box on and 5 usa came in for a few seconds then tuner failed :(

Last edited:
thanx just playing with nemesis @ the moment b4 i flash it...got epg sat list etc all done cccams etc in but the box wont move the dish set long n lat etc set disq etc but there seems no power to motor dropped the tm box bak on and dish moves fine . Cn you use flashfxp to do the box like the tm? well left the box on and 5 usa came in for a few seconds then tuner failed :(

Is your tuner set up correctly?

Simple
Positioner

Double check Long and Lat,also make sure long is set to west not east :)

going in to town to get new lead then going to load dreamup and flash with open pli if all goes well . doing me head in

going in to town to get new lead then going to load dreamup and flash with open pli if all goes well . doing me head in

You dont need a lead you can flash through the web browser m8,

Turn off box
Press and hold button on front of box
Turn box back on
Wait till **STOP** appears on display then let go of button
When ip address shows in the display enter it into your browser
Flash page will then appear
Scroll down to firmware upgrade
Click and point it to your newly downloaded .nfi image
Click the flash button
Reboot when done :)

Make sure to use an original image not a clone one,for the time being anyway ;)

As mr wiz569 says much better to flash through browser..I always seem to have less problems this way but you can use dreamup from DMM site or here i think.
One tip if at any point you get the CA error use the power button on the front not mini flashup button(if you have one)to put into flash mode.

using dreamup sending openpli image over (did a factory reset 1st) just waitng on it now tried browser sometimes it connected most time not for some reason

flashed an original image and second bootloader now the box is not realy working as in front display say stop dhcp :( also stuck on the ip address image in display

Last edited:
when i try to re flash
Select .nfi-File:

i select file hit flash and nothing happens via browser and dreamup wont connect either

If you see this, your box didn't boot to Linux.
Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that you have no valid operating system in flash.
Don't panic! It's not a problem. You can just flash a new version and everything will be fine!
Otherwise, you can boot from network or USB.
If you're about to give up, you might get help at the Dream Multimedia Support board!
Currently there aren't many other features...

You can download your current flash contents (64 MB) here, but please don't expect to be able to flash it back. It's merely a debugging feature.
This device's Serial Number is 75008, and was built on 2012/05/24.

Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #80, built 20101105

device info firmware upgrade

flashed an original image and second bootloader now the box is not realy working as in front display say stop dhcp :( also stuck on the ip address image in display

well thats what you want the ip address its ready to flash....then type that ip address into your browser.did you flash genuine bootloader first? then image then reboot.
how are you connected to network? when you tried the browser to flash did you remove data cable?

Last edited:
the box is on stop shows ip addy without holding the power button down from boot up,wont flash so i try opti flasher now when i boot up i get the sim screen image on front of box thats all cant load images etc via browser , or dream up.Think i broke it lol

connected to network via rooter ethernet cable dfident flash bootloader 1st did it 2nd data cables still in

update now back to Stop ip addy screen

connected to network via rooter ethernet cable dfident flash bootloader 1st did it 2nd data cables still in

update now back to Stop ip addy screen

okay look at this but ignore the images and bootloader just follow for flashing.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

connect box to router..with box off press power button and turn box on..continue to hold down power button till it says STOP on display and release the power button..within a few seconds a ip address should appear..your box is now in flash mode...type address from box display into browser..flash genuine bootloader FIRST ssl84..then image openpli 3.0 when complete reboot.
make sure the only cable to box is network...And power of course REMOVE data/usb cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
i go to broweser np no cables except ethernet connected right ip address and this is what 1 get 1st

1-1_zpsa1ea77c3.png

then i goto next screen and choose bootloader to upload

2_zpse35a69f4.png

i click flash and nothing happends

Back