DM800HD tuner revM and revG

i was going to get one getting the new a8p sim to test

whats great about the a8p sim ? as Sim 2.01 - 2.10 is well supported, getting the REV G tuner tomorrow so will test and report back

What u don't have to find clone safe images?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

no you dont have to find clone safe images just use original image

So what does that mean? To a amateur

So what does that mean? To a amateur

Not much unless you are going to put more then one on the same network ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

the a8p sim sound good, but im ok with sim 2 they well supported and also i have no need to have very latest images, the ones i use do that job well enough

Not sure about all this MAC address confuson about the A8P SIM. This is not to be confused with a traditional MAC address, which is a layer 2 hardware address usually found on Network Interface cards e.g: Ethernet ports, switch interfaces, router interfaces etc.
It's true on a network you cant have duplicate MAC addresses, because otherwise the network wont know which device to send traffic the second half of the MAC address needs to be unique.
The MAC address they are referring to with the A8P SIM is a different type of MAC address not related to Network MAC address. Im not sure if it has any bearing on how many A8P SIM based recievers you have on the same network.
The speculation is that DMM can introduce a counter measure in future images and drivers to kill this SIM MAC address or make it unusable with newer drivers images.

i recieved dm800hd with rev g tuner, doing a quick check i notice the motherboard says rev g on it as well, signal on bbc hd is 100% like rev m tuner got, aint had time to test properly yet, will get back also if it gets hot like the rev m tuner

Thanks

i recieved dm800hd with rev g tuner, doing a quick check i notice the motherboard says rev g on it as well, signal on bbc hd is 100% like rev m tuner got, aint had time to test properly yet, will get back also if it gets hot like the rev m tuner

Thanks

If you go to service searching and tuner setup, what does it identify the tuner as ? ALPS or Broadcom BCM ?

If you go to service searching and tuner setup, what does it identify the tuner as ? ALPS or Broadcom BCM ?

its BCM4505 , been running it for a day now , no issues at all so far and seems it does run cooler then rev m tuner, the signal seems to be higher as well, but would need to check that again on different channel when using rev m tuner and same weather conditions to be sure

Should be fine with that chipset it's the same as the 800se tuners.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I been using this for past few days now no issues at all, it gets higher signal then the tuner in se box, and another is it doesnt get hot as rev m tuner so all good and i dont have the internel fan connected

I currently suffer from some HD drops on Hotbird...
I have a DM800HD with a ALPS Rev.K tuner that was working great on Astra until now.

Would this Rev.G be a possible and suitable solution ?

Tx

I currently suffer from some HD drops on Hotbird...
I have a DM800HD with a ALPS Rev.K tuner that was working great on Astra until now.

Would this Rev.G be a possible and suitable solution ?

Tx

Revision M tuner is the tuner to have works well in clone and original boxes and it clones clears up the HD glitching issues cause by signal fluctuation.

i have m tuner in dm800 not add any problems with it the G tuner is Broadcom

Back