DM800HD tuner revM and revG

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
the place i get my boxes from is now stopping selling dm800HD with revM tuner and now only selling with revG tuner.

whats the difference between revM and revG? which is better?

thanks

i done quick google search but cant see anything on rev G tuner.. only older rev Js etc

hi all
the place i get my boxes from is now stopping selling dm800HD with revM tuner and now only selling with revG tuner.

whats the difference between revM and revG? which is better?

thanks

Never heard of a Rev G tuner on a DM800HD earliest rev i've seen is a Rev J, these were Ferarri clones. SIM 2 clones started on Rev L3 which had some HD glitch issues. This was fixed with Rev M tuners.
Dont accept anything less than Rev M on a 800HD PRO clone. The 800SE have the newer Broadcom Based tuners.

this is the link to the webpage for it - i ** out the main part of the weblink as i know not supose to put links however i think this maybe useful to a lot of people as its a popular place people order from. speaking to them on their skype support they says revG was newer than revM tho i not heard of G myself nor does google search bring anything up ....

Last edited by a moderator:
revg.jpg[revg-top.jpg

this is the image of the rev G tuner from their site

looks like only single connector on back of tuner.. the rev M had 2 (one in and one out)

if this is an older tuner not going to order anymore from here as it will be rubbish on HD channels

think it's new tuner
800hd SIM 2,1 DM800hd with rev.M tuner ,M tuner stop to produce now ,for future only 800HD with G tuner

Looks like rev g not got loop through I would have
Thought if newer it would be called rev n ??

ok little more info.. . G tuner is a newer tuner. however it doesnt have a in / out (for loopthrough) only input. and obviously is untested at the moment as to how it handles HD channels

if you have a DM800HD with a J K L or even M tuner you can upgrade to the G tuner (if reviews show its good / worth it) however... if you buy the box with factory fitted g tuner you cannot easily downgrade to a M tuner the reason being is the new produced boxes with g tuner only have one hole cut in the backplate. where as M tuner has 2 connectors so would not fit. (the only way round i see if if you wanted to drill you own second hole in the backplate)

i guess need some reviews for the g tuner now. they can be got on their own for $28 + shipping

dm800 g rear.jpgdm800 m rear.jpg

having closer look it appears the new g tuner connector is located slightly differently from the input on m tuner so the holes wouldnt line up looking at 2 pics above
this is where i think it would be positioned (g tuner connector is pink circle)
dm800 holes.jpg

maybe they run cooler?

nothing a dremel would not sort re the holes lining up

Intresting, anyone know what chipset is used on the G Rev tuners ? Is it still ALPS or is it Broadcom like the 500HD and 800SE tuners ?

are they any cheaper then rev m ? also would love to know if they run cooler, as i know the rev m does get hot,

be nice to get some feedback on the g tuner once people have ordered and tried it out.. (tho i doubt many people are going for 800HD when the SE is only a little more?? )

Never know with clone producers...maybe it's just a cheaper tuner cost cutting exercise.. There wasnt much wrong with the Rev M ALPS, or the Broadcom tuners. Agreed though if yur buying a new box better to spend the extra on a 800SE theres not much in it.

certainly looks like cost cuttong esp as there not output connector for loop through. certainly seems costs cutting... wait to see how the tuner handles the HD...

are they any cheaper then rev m ? also would love to know if they run cooler, as i know the rev m does get hot,

they prob are cheaper less costly version. here a bit more on it

WILL YOU PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING LINKS TO SELLERS SITES PLEASE

the price of the box with the M tuner and the price with the G tuner are the same tho the M tuner is now discontinued from that company

Hi, I should be getting mine delivered tomorrow, so will be testing it,

seems like they moved from rev m to rev g , but why as rev m had no issues , also they sell for same price , must cost less to make I reckon ,

will test for signal and see if it gets as warm as rev m

Back