DM800hd purchase and setup advice.

lol ok.....

Im loving the box.........Just know it can do loads.....

on the matter of glitching is it normal at all? I know some is expected im getting less than one second every few minutes?

Is it the image the cline or just normal every now and then>?

Did you put up your own dish?
Might be worth just checking that it is bob on the money.
Cheers
Wizbit77

and i get nearly 100% snr and on the sky + box i got nearly full blocks on everything

snr 100% agc 98% on bbc1

Last edited by a moderator:
when you get a glitch on pay channels, immediately check your ecm time and post up.some images you press ok twice on remote and all the info pops up

Blue button, red button then select the epg you want then set it up there.

If i do that and select skyuk then add there is nothing in the server name or the epg.dat Url???

Looks like i need to fill that in?

Oh and also, some times a channel will freeze and it doesnt come back until i change channel and back again!>?

is that the cline or my box and choice of firmware?

As there is no point in me putting a ahrd drive in yet if i get freezes

Thanks very very much to every one.

Things on my list if anyone can help are.

1.Streaming over the net that works!!!
2.Proper working EPG
3.Being able to play any film i want on the dreambox from my nas....
4.Once i have a harddrive installed then i want to be able to play anything from it on my lan pcs.

Last edited:
Product image
Western Digital WD1200BEVS 120GB 2.5" SATA Hard Drive 5400RPM 8MB Cache - OEM Scorpio Blue

i have the above in a old laptop? can i use a old sata drive in the box???

Use Rytec sly uk, that should be in the list, yeah that hard drive will be ok, just make sure you use an extra cooler if you install an internal hard drive.

I think that is your cline causing the freezing, if you press ok twice you will see cline info plus ecm time, etc.

Use Rytec sly uk, that should be in the list, yeah that hard drive will be ok, just make sure you use an extra cooler if you install an internal hard drive.

I think that is your cline causing the freezing, if you press ok twice you will see cline info plus ecm time, etc.

Yeah i downloaded the Rytec one thanks.....wow wee it works!!!!!!

How do i sort a external cooler?

Yeah i downloaded the Rytec one thanks.....wow wee it works!!!!!!

How do i sort a external cooler?

If you have a local poundland you can get a usb notebook cooler for £1, or any usb laptop cooler.

and then when you learn how to walk. buy a dremel.

Iv'e got a dremel that doesn't put a fan in the box though does it, and there is loads of air vent's so what exactly is the dremel for??? to look at?

no silly,
you switch it on and you hold it next to your box.
the rotory action of the dremel passes cool air onto your box.

the heat from the box is able to transfer onto the fresh supply of air now being transferred onto or near your box
its physics 101

Back