DM800HD Network Help!!

tonyten

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm here there everywhere - Right behind You.....
Hi all,

I've had my DM800HD over two years and had no problems with the network using Netgear 108mb router with virgin.

The internet is supurb, even with the dm800. I've upgraded from 20mb to 60mb and got a (Superhub) which they said i need to support the 60mb.

I connected the dm800 to the new router, and the only problem it has is that it won't confirm the nameserver??

On my network test i have:-
LAN Adapter - Green ok
Local Network - Green ok
DHCP - Red. Please note i have disabled DHCP.
IP Address - Green ok
Nameserver - Red

Is there anything different for the superhub as i'm putting in the correct info.

Any help please??

Regards
Tony.

where are you giving it a static IP address? on the box or on the super hub.....

your name server is the gateway to the www...... I'm not sure what the range is now what the superhub gives you out, but you probably had 192.168.1.1 in there, this might have changed.

Enable DHCP on the box and then try again, you can then backtrack on what you need to do. This way you can start to rule out what is the cause of the problem. see what gateway/name server it gives you when you have enabled DHCP.....

where are you giving it a static IP address? on the box or on the super hub.....

your name server is the gateway to the www...... I'm not sure what the range is now what the superhub gives you out, but you probably had 192.168.1.1 in there, this might have changed.

Enable DHCP on the box and then try again, you can then backtrack on what you need to do. This way you can start to rule out what is the cause of the problem. see what gateway/name server it gives you when you have enabled DHCP.....

my gateway is 192.168.0.1
My DNS is 194.168.4.100 - 194.168.8.100.

I've tried the above and nothing. everything on the test works. i even enable dhcp, so the first 4 tests are green but the name server struggles. :-(

where are you giving it a static ip address?

you sure your gateway is 192.168.0.1......what's your ip address range on your superhub, so what IP address range is it giving out?

where are you giving it a static ip address?

you sure your gateway is 192.168.0.1......what's your ip address range on your superhub, so what IP address range is it giving out?

Yeah my gate way is 192.168.0.1. my ip range starts from 192.168.0.2 to 250. i've tried with dhcp and without dhcp. The first for goes green with dhcp and without dhcp it goes red for that section. its just the nameserver which struggles.

Has anyone have their dm800hd box connected to their superhub virgin router via ethernet cable??

If you disable dhcp you will to manually provide the name server IP address. Even with dhcp enabled the providing of a DNS name server by dhcp is optional I.e dhcp doesnt have to provide a DNS server IP. You can just check the vermin website and see what their DNS server IP address is and manually configure it, or even use open DNS . You may even to be able to set name server IP to the same as your default gateway address and let your router do the DNS bit. What DNS server address do your PCs connected to the super hub get from dhcp ??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back