DM800HD glitching/freezing on non-fta channels

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't take it anymore! Can't watch anything without it freezing every 5 seconds!

Have a DM800HD with Rev M tuner and Sim 2.01.
BB package is 20MBps fibre obtic.
Image is DreamboxUK v2.1.2

I've got a hard drive installed inside the box, don't feel the box getting hotter; in fact, it's a relatively cool temperature. Could this be causing it?

The ECM readings go up to between 1.500 to 2.000 every time it freezes/glitches.

SNR is at 93%
AGC is 99%
BER is 0%

Router is fine and my ping test shoes the following:

Have restarted my router and my box but nothing has changed.

Feels like it's getting worse and worse. It's not on any of the FTA channels, only the premium subscription channels. It's a CS

FYI, I've been reading the following threads:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/283022/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/262392/

Any help or pointers will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
CSing off someone else. They don't reckon it's their end, but they're gonna double check

Two things m8,

Your ping test is not good as you should be able to test for packet loss,so might be a problem there,

Your cs server could be overloaded or just badly setup,

Try get your packet test sorted first and take it from there

Two things m8,

Your ping test is not good as you should be able to test for packet loss,so might be a problem there,

Your cs server could be overloaded or just badly setup,

Try get your packet test sorted first and take it from there

Packet loss problem was only down to an outdated Java runtime plugin:

Think the CS server is only serving up to 10 people from what I remember to ensure that it isn't overloaded.

Packet loss problem was only down to an outdated Java runtime plugin:

Think the CS server is only serving up to 10 people from what I remember to ensure that it isn't overloaded.
they all say that lol

If it's only channels using the share that are affected it pretty much points to your provider.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Watching Sly Living HD and it's all working fine for some reason. My HDD powers down after 5 mins of inactivity so i'm gonna investigate that the HDD isn't causing the issue. Just pressed record on the current program to see if the glitching returns...

No idea why but now there are is no freezing or glitching! I'm also recording using my installed HDD....

okay I spoke too soon, it just glithced and now it's glitching every few seconds! What a nut job =\

When it starts glitching can't you just look at your ECM times, if they are higher than 600ms then the channel will start to glitch. Also just because somebody else using the service doesn't glitch doesn't automatically mean that you won't, as you'll be going through differing routers with different loads on them to get to the server.

When it starts glitching can't you just look at your ECM times, if they are higher than 600ms then the channel will start to glitch. Also just because somebody else using the service doesn't glitch doesn't automatically mean that you won't, as you'll be going through differing routers with different loads on them to get to the server.

Makes sense. So in your experience, what are the things I should begin to isolate? I been reading about people putting an inline amp. Should I start there? What one is right for me where I'm using a dual lnb?

Makes sense. So in your experience, what are the things I should begin to isolate? I been reading about people putting an inline amp. Should I start there? What one is right for me where I'm using a dual lnb?

If it's only happening on pay channels then it's not your satellite setup,it's either your internet or your share :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
If it's only happening on free channels then it's not your satellite setup,it's either your internet or your share :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Is that a typo Dave do you mean pay channels m8

Try a share from another server and see how that is mate

Sent from my telephone.

Back