dm800 - where can i get list of satellites

donaghq

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I have just flashed my new dm800HD clone with nabilosat BH0.12 - no problems with that (although i did have a ca error when i first powered on the box which was worrying - luckily disappeared after powering up and down a few times!)

My first stumbling block is the satellites. I don't have any to do a scan. My question is can i download a list automatically or do i have to get the file and ftp it across?

When I get to scan the Astra28.2E sat will it automatically find the HD channels?

Also what is the SIM that people are referring to when talking about these boxes?

Thanks!

D

Hi All

I have just flashed my new dm800HD clone with nabilosat BH0.12 - no problems with that (although i did have a ca error when i first powered on the box which was worrying - luckily disappeared after powering up and down a few times!)

My first stumbling block is the satellites. I don't have any to do a scan. My question is can i download a list automatically or do i have to get the file and ftp it across?

When I get to scan the Astra28.2E sat will it automatically find the HD channels?

Also what is the SIM that people are referring to when talking about these boxes?

Thanks!

D

1) You should have such file in va/etc/tuxbox , If not just send it to that file using DCC
2) Yes it will find HD channels
3) Sim card inside box (looks like you have simcard 2.01 if you have nabilosat BH0.12 image installed to flash even dough i would be worried about that initial CA Error) the DM800 has a nack to bite when you least expected"!

Thanks for the quick reply!

So is the SIM like a flash card? How can I found out which version I have?

I initially got the CA ERROR when I powered on the box but then it just started booting up - then I flashed with BH0.12 - do you know the reason for this error? is it a dodgy box?

Thanks

D

If you have SIM 2.01 there should be sticker underneath DM box.
For all other versions you will have to open Dreambox cover and check SIM card. If you see hologram (Sim2) inside then it is SIM v2.0, if you see blank card or A2P card, then it is SIM v 1.0

CA error usually means wrong loader, nothing to do with box

Hi All

Thanks!

D

H i M8
as carwash says the satilite.xml is already in the image if you press menu/6 setup/1service serching/1 tuner configuration/then press OK/ go to satilite and press left or right this will change the sats for you.

cheers johny48

Hi - thanks for replies.

I looked for the SIM version and there is nothing underneath that would say what version it is. I opened the box and there is nothing in there either. I attach a picture. So I presume the bootloader is on the SIM? and it must have had a problem reading it this morning when I powered on and that why I got CA ERROR. Do I need to be concerned with the version of SIM?

How can I tell what bootloader I am running?

Also I was told by the guy I purchased it from that there was a fan included? I don't see any fan. Should I be concerned about overheating...

Thanks....

D

bottom rught hand of teh image..

looks like a phone sim card.. its all white meaning its a sim 1.0

so what are the implications of having sim v1.0?

thanks....

Hi - thanks for replies.

I looked for the SIM version and there is nothing underneath that would say what version it is. I opened the box and there is nothing in there either. I attach a picture. So I presume the bootloader is on the SIM? and it must have had a problem reading it this morning when I powered on and that why I got CA ERROR. Do I need to be concerned with the version of SIM?

Also I was told by the guy I purchased it from that there was a fan included? I don't see any fan. Should I be concerned about overheating...

Thanks....

D

First of all there is no fan attached to that box

Open program Putty or DCC and by telnet send the following commands:

If you use Putty type this command: ipkg list | grep secondstage
If using DCC type: cd then press enter and again send the following command: ipkg list | grep secondstage
and you should see what loader you have

It should say on the lcd what bootloader it has when you first power it on
its most probably 72

Hi - thanks for replies.

Thanks....

D

Having a second glance at the picture it looks like you have a Cable tuner"! you will not be able to watch sattelite with a Cable Tuner"!

The DM800 tend to run hot”! I personally use the attached usb fan; with the old internal fan my box temp was around the 40C now it’s a steady 26.c

Thats 100% a cable tuner.

I've got a spare sat tuner avalible at £30 if you want it ?

First of all I have a sim card problem where the holder is not securing it properly - If i use a bit of blu tack then it reads the BL file! btw i have BL75!
root@dm800:~# ipkg list | grep secondstage
dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 - Dreambox second stage bootloader

Secondly I have a cable tuner. Thanks for pointing that out to me - I would never have known

I bought this box from Farango electrical. I am going to try to get my money back.

D

Hi carwash - is that fan noisy? seems like a good idea. can it sit directly on a shelf or does it need to be slightly elevated?

Hi carwash - is that fan noisy? seems like a good idea. can it sit directly on a shelf or does it need to be slightly elevated?

Like uktvspain.net said!
The size is: 30cm X 30cm X 4cm and it's quiet, it's seats directly on a shelf with DM on top, it also displays a cool blue light when on"! I have my DM800 on 24/7 and when i touch it it's cold

can these sims be updated/swapped/upgraded and is there any restrictions on the type of bootloader or image used with different types of sim?

Thanks

Back