dm800 sim

sheraz2

Inactive User
Reaction score
does any one know where i could buy one from. ive googled but couldnt find a place selling them, mine was a 2.01.

i seen some ferrari ones would they work.

My box now displays error on the front.

any pointers in the right direction appreciated

You can get it here mate

There is probably nothing wrong with your sim! what makes you think you need a new sim?

You have either possibly flashed it wrong or try opening up the sim holder and make sure the sim is correctly installed, if it's a wrong flash your only needing dreamup and a null modem cable to sort it out.

There is probably nothing wrong with your sim! what makes you think you need a new sim?

You have either possibly flashed it wrong or try opening up the sim holder and make sure the sim is correctly installed, if it's a wrong flash your only needing dreamup and a null modem cable to sort it out.

hi

the reason being is that it has been playing up recently and the display on the dm it says error.

so i took the sim out cleaned it put it back in and voila it worked, its done it again and now my cleaning has had no effect so i tried a friends sim in the box and it worked.

my sim in his box and the same error.

Ok, the sim probably is at fault,

I don't really think there is much difference between the two sim type's (2.01 & ferrari) i have two ferrari sim machines and find them ok, but then i have not owned a sim 2.01 before. The only thing is the Ferrari team are acting like total arses at the moment so that puts me off them. But basically what ever one you go for will be ok.

P.s don't use that Aspley heard bad reports about them, for sim 2.01 i would try UKdreamshop, and if you want a ferrari sim try Primusat. you won't go wrong buying from any of them two.

Last edited:
Ok, the sim probably is at fault,

I don't really think there is much difference between the two sim type's (2.01 & ferrari) i have two ferrari sim machines and find them ok, but then i have not owned a sim 2.01 before. The only thing is the Ferrari team are acting like total arses at the moment so that puts me off them. But basically what ever one you go for will be ok.

P.s don't use that Aspley heard bad reports about them, for sim 2.01 i would try UKdreamshop, and if you want a ferrari sim try Primusat. you won't go wrong buying from any of them two.

Hi thanks for the reply. I gave aspley a ring and went down to the shop. He was a decent bloke, he let me try the sim in my box at his shop before I bought it and it fired up as it should.

He was saying same as you that these sims don't go.

Glad you got it sorted then, but there is reports about people buying boxes from Aspley and then if they go wrong he doesn't want to know. Not so bad if it's just a sim your buying.

I think Aspley used to trade under the name of Linuxsat before...sold the Linuxsat website and disappeared to re-appear as Aspley....left all Linuxsat customers in the dark with no support..or warranty returns etc...

I think Aspley used to trade under the name of Linuxsat before...sold the Linuxsat website and disappeared to re-appear as Aspley....left all Linuxsat customers in the dark with no support..or warranty returns etc...

Yeah i think you are right there, heard he won't entertain any waranty claims.

did a search and came across a thread about them on another forum. i only went as they were not too far and i could get my dreambox up and running quicker, instead of waiting for royal mail.

did a search and came across a thread about them on another forum. i only went as they were not too far and i could get my dreambox up and running quicker, instead of waiting for royal mail.

You should be ok anyway...a Sim is relatively low value and you if your not too far you can go there and give them some grief if you have any issues.

It's the people fwo paid out for Dm800 clones, or muiltiple recievers from the old trading name Linuxsat that have been shafted...

Back