DM800 Remote control problem

As far as my electronics knowledge goes,
you should be able to bridge the 2 joints with solder right over the resistor without the need for taking it out
the electrons will simply pass through the solder bypassing the resistor as there will be less resistance via that route.

would be best if somebody else could confirm though.
BIG-HOL can you try shaving the plastic around the IR reciever and post your results.
Would be nice if that indeed is the problem, means i dont have to buy more solder!

BIG-HOL can you try shaving the plastic around the IR reciever and post your results.
Would be nice if that indeed is the problem, means i dont have to buy more solder!
would prefer you to try it 1st mate and let me know haha!

lol i dont even own a dm800hd.

I just fantasise about doing things.
I buy extra solder etc to make it feel real!

lol i dont even own a dm800hd.

I just fantasise about doing things.
I buy extra solder etc to make it feel real!
im gunna open it up now and have a look, but to be honest im not gunna start taking my new box to bits just for that, as i can use the web interface from my laptop and it works a treat, but would like a remote that worked from the other side of the room, if it looks dodgy to get into im not even gunna bother, but if it looks accessible with nothing in the way to break i might try it, if indeed theres any overhang on it!

wish me luck!:proud:

It should be simple mate,
you arent actually playing with any of the active hardware.

just shaving a bit of the case off

well i took it to bits and the sensor is misaligned slightly, i have managed to get the remote working abit better but iv had to turn my box right round as the sensor is obstructed abit, see pic4 as an example, not really anyway of moving the sensor as its mounted where it is, yes i could cut abit out of the shell but i couldnt get the plastic seethrough display off the front, lol, anyway turning my box round so its facing me more has sorted my remote problem really, works great from my settee now, :proud:

dont wanna knack the front of the box by trying to get the display bit out so it'll have to do for now!

if anyone tries the solder the remote trick let me know if it works!

Last edited:
I have soldered the remote on one of my dm800's, it's easy you just need to magnify the remote as everything is tiny,and you are better to remove the resistors rather than try to solder over them, they come off easy. The only thing with this is the battery's wear out rather quickly.

Thanks for that buddy.
i just think it would be premature to carry out a task like that which would indeed rinse the batteries out without first looking to make the current process more efficient.....
I would personally shave the plastic first and then think about soldering smaller resistors.

Thanks for that buddy.
i just think it would be premature to carry out a task like that which would indeed rinse the batteries out without first looking to make the current process more efficient.....
I would personally shave the plastic first and then think about soldering smaller resistors.

What you on about, i never told him to solder anything, i told him when he got it to check the plastic on the ir before he did anything. It's about time you stuck to things you actually know anything about. Instead of talking complete nonsense.

lol I never said nothing about nothing.

bit confused at the moment, gonna go back and re-read my post's

Regards,
CrazyFool.

and i wouldn't solder unless u got some decent kit & your confident in doing it - what you could do is underneath the board simply put a piece of wire between the 2 joints

you overheat the pcb whilst soldering then the board is scrap and the pcb is not the best quality

Heres some pics of the problem i had if it helps.

This window circled should be see through

This is the excess plastic that was covering the window.

Back