DM800 IMAGE FOR WRONG ARCHITECTURE error

Johnneysul

Inactive User
Reaction score
My first request post ever on any Forum so don't kill me if I'm in the wrong place, all I ever do is read.

Hi to all. I have a DM800HD Clone for a while. It was plugged in but not in use as it didn’t have Astra sat information loaded when I got it. Someone I worked with gave me image files and loader. I read some forums and had a go at flashing them but without any success.
DM800, SIM 201, Nemasis 2.4
Serial port on the DM so connected directly to an old laptop which runs XP.
Could not connect using DreamUP_1_3_3_9. (the loader I was given)
After reading more I was told to use SUNRAY-FlashUP and this got me connected to DM.
Could not gain access to the Web Loader, even though it gave a valid IP (192.168.2.174, I use subnet 2. It was registered on the DHCP list of my router) so I flashed the image (newnigma2-release-dm800se-v3.3.2) using the serial cable. This took over about 80 minutes. At the end I got an error saying thet the IMAGE FOR WRONG ARCHITECTURE and box will be unstable now.
Some more reading in various forums and it seemed that it might have been an image for a DM800 and not a DM800SE. I still had the laptop connected because I didn’t know if I could reconnect if it turned the DM off.
I then tried to re-flash with 'Nemsis99r1-DM800HDse-Patched-by Voyger' and after another 80 minutes I got the same error.
I haven’t used a second stage loader because I didn’t get that far. DM is still connected to the laptop,
Will I be able to reconnect if I turn it off.
Could anyone give me help with what I might be doing wrong.

Any help appreciated
Johnneysul

Just an extra. I backed everything up to the hard disk before I started. I cant remember which menu it was in but it took about 30 mins to complete. If the DM is bricked, can I use this to recover it?

johnneysul

You have an 800HD. You have twice downloaded 800 HD SE images.

Please download 800 HD (without SE) images. I would flash the bootloader again using serial and then flash image using internet explorer as this works better. If it doesn't you have another 80 mins via serial.

Thanks for replying so quickly, these were the images I was given and (dumb as it might be) I didn't question if they were correct or not. How could I not have seen the 'SE' in the file name. I'll try again.

thanks for the help

Post a joke in the jokes section. I am interested in your version of why the chicken crossed the road.

To get to McDonald's maybe..
We all have to learn somewhere... It sounds simple but try finding out the difference between an image for DM800 and a DM800HD (is there any), I have not found a place where real beginners can find information where people don't use abbreviations and explain what the different file versions are. I am reasonably competent with Windows and DOS but Linux is new to me and most noobs, could anyone point me and other beginners to such a place..
I will keep on reading
thanks to all

Once you have 5 posts excluding intros, you should be able to download from the forum. Just go to the downloads section you will find loads.

The (DM800 HD SE) is a more recent version of the (DM800 HD {sometimes there is a PRO at the end}).
There are security measures by Dream Multimedia against clones. A SIM card as in phones was meant to be one such thing, this failed. You have said you have a sim2.01 SIM.
There are also bootloaders. SSL 84B being the latest version. Your one should be able to have this.
When you download an image, it should say which bootloader revision is required. If you falsh teh wring one, you get No CA found. It is always safest to flash the bootloader after flashing the image using your broswer before rebooting.

I'm having the same problem, trying to flash but get this message IMAGE FOR WRONG ARCHITECTURE

How will I know the exact firmware to flash my Sunray4 HD SE

Hello.

You have a DM800 HD SE. Make a few useful posts and you can then download from the downloads section.

thank you, but that is my problem, I'm no expert in this field, but always learning something new.

I tried to download the firmware from the official DM site, but that was not working, is the firmware on this site special for the clones?

You have a clone, you can't go to the offical DM site.

I should have said the download section of this forum. The downlaods are only available for people who have made 5 or more useful posts. I would recommend the following image once you have made a few useful posts. [BackUp] DW v1.1 ** - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

There is a sticky thread on flashing the images. Keep reasding and lots of people here to help.

By the way, we have a section where to introduce yourself. Pop in and say hello.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys, I am having some of the same problems so this should help!

Back