dm600s

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
got i 600 here that was working fine
it was unpluged to put something else in socket now
plugged back in and all it does is flash green and red lights nothing else.
any ideas guys.

Had this once before with my dm600 John, I don't think it booted properly, I just switched it off and on and it worked, failing that a new image.

:Cheers:

Yep, you could try turning it off for a while and then back on again. Other than that you could try the IP address of the receiver to see if you get a web page appearing.

I would reflash with dreamup if thats the case.

they null modem connection on it was fooked but i udes another now i get this in dream up.

they null modem connection on it was fooked but i udes another now i get this in dream up.

open it up and press down gently on the sim card then try to connect with dreamup should be ok then. has it had a knock/drop ?

cheers

osborne82

I used to telnet to change the image using DCC if you know the IP address.

In the telnet window, type the following, pressing <return> at the end of each line.

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

You should now get a message saying that the Dreambox is rebooting.

Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.

On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.

Once the progress bar reaches 100%, reboot the box

:Cheers:

open it up and press down gently on the sim card then try to connect with dreamup should be ok then. has it had a knock/drop ?

cheers

osborne82

the sims must be glued in or something all i see is black plastic shit on top of where its meant to be.

the sims must be glued in or something all i see is black plastic shit on top of where its meant to be.

yeah there glued in (on orig lol) but iv had it once or twice where due to heat/knock/bang etc the contacts just dont make and thats why get no ca as it cant see the sim just apply little preasure on top then try flash with dreamup normally cures it
thats what makes dm's great there unpredictability lol

cheers
osborne82

yeah there glued in (on orig lol) but iv had it once or twice where due to heat/knock/bang etc the contacts just dont make and thats why get no ca as it cant see the sim just apply little preasure on top then try flash with dreamup normally cures it
thats what makes dm's great there unpredictability lol

cheers
osborne82

ur kidding its fooking solid.ps im sure this ones a clone.

sounds like a faulty power button on the front of the receiver could be the cause

look for a recurring pattern in the green/red flashes, itll be flashing out an IP address, enter that into a browser window and flash via http, the receiver wont boot properly like this, but it could confirm what the problem is ;)

more info on decoding the flashes here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/207114/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had solid lights on mine m8, Turned out to be a faulty hard drive stopping it from booting ?
Not sure if you have a HD in it, if you do try and unplug it
Best regards
Al

the sim card part must have melted as parts of it has crumbled off and the card is fooked.can u get new card and holder for them?

Back