DM600c - extra features available?

poolfan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had by 600 for tv duties only for several months, never really tried to anything after Mr Noobs image flashed.

Is it possible to watch live tv over wireless network when DM600 hardwired to WiFi router?

I've seen a guide (not yet read) on how you can transmit MP3 files from PC to dreambox. I have dreambox connected to my home av via optical. Will the MP3's be transmitted out to amp so I can hear on speakers?

Which image provides the longets EPG - Mr noob's only gives current day programmes only?

Thanks,
Brian

the pli image does lm no sure about noobs one . does he a webpade that u can change channels on ?

pli image does which of the features (tb over Wifi, longer EPG, mp3 playback on amp)?

which feature does pli do (Wifi playback, EPG, MP3 to amp)?

l can watch tv at work . listen to all my mp3 from my pc wirelessly and record to pc or external or internal harddrive , l did try noobs one and didnt like the lack of webpage interaction

cool!!

tv over a network - which image are you using?

for MP3 - sound frpom latop to DM via router, then to amp via optical - this will work then for me, yeah?

i've only seen Mr Noobs, the webpage just allows you to change channels, very little else - your image much better than this, yeah?

recording feature hard to set-up? Only have 80GB on laptop, but have an external 320GB dick, dunno how to connect this to DM as has no network cable connection, just USB & eSATA (?) . I don't think there's a USB connection on DM or my router ;(

cool!!

tv over a network - which image are you using?

for MP3 - sound frpom latop to DM via router, then to amp via optical - this will work then for me, yeah?

i've only seen Mr Noobs, the webpage just allows you to change channels, very little else - your image much better than this, yeah?

recording feature hard to set-up? Only have 80GB on laptop, but have an external 320GB dick, dunno how to connect this to DM as has no network cable connection, just USB & eSATA (?) . I don't think there's a USB connection on DM or my router ;(

if your box isnt connected to a network then theres no point in changing it . l used the image send to me from another members box and its a bit of a mix but its great post 9 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/161515/

Last edited by a moderator:
Can now watch tv over wifi network (don't know why I couldn't before) To wath over internet (e.g. at work) is this just a configuration on the router required (I've a Belkin router, can;t see how to set it up)?

can you tell me how to do this?

Go into your router port forwarding page and forward the ip address of the dreambox to port 80.

Now when you enter in your modems ip address (not internal dreambox ip) you should get the web interface.

You can fine out your modems ip address here

http://www.whatismyip.com

Also check out http://portforwarding.com if you are unsure.

cool - that's easy.

what's the security implications here with internet access. this allows any internet user access to Dreambox internet page, yeah?

Can they screw up the Dreambox from this internet page or just view only settings etc?

Does it open up your private network to any increased security issues?

Any way to password protect/other access to provide some increased security?

Was reading about DDNS where you create a domain name, this name effectively is a secure 'back door' into your router, once configured on it - however this looks like it's not free (to register DDNS domain name), so not really that interested.

Make sure you change the default password on your dreambox otherwise someone will mess with your box.

Make sure you change the default password on your dreambox otherwise someone will mess with your box.

I can see user & password details from webpage, under CONFIG-WEB SERVER menu path. These can be viewed by anyone, once I forward the DB IP to port 80.

To make DB secure, do I just change user & password on webpage, tick the 'authentication' box so that a prompt appears if someone tries to change something (which also ensures that user & password are hidden after)?

Is there any way to secure the webpage, so that nobody has access to that page unless they have a password (e.g. either using DB or using WifI router)?

To change the password on the dreambox you can telnet to the box and change it

telnet 192.168.***.*
type in command 'passwd'

this will than prompt you to change the password.

To change the password on the dreambox you can telnet to the box and change it

telnet 192.168.***.*
type in command 'passwd'

this will than prompt you to change the password.

thanks for that.

only asked my to enter username as 'root' when I entered - presume no password was configured then.

I've now set a password. this will prevent telnet access only I presume.

What is the password that appears on the web interface under CONFIG - WEB BROWSER

The password for the dreambox is the same for the telnet, ftp or web access. Now that you have changed it why don 't you test it to make sure it is working as you expect.

so whenI try to complete an action on web interface, e.g. if I try to shutdown/restart DB, then it will prompt for a password, or is password prompt for other commands only?

i use the pli image and have managed to configure a longer EPG, I can watch the t.v. over my wireless network although this is a little blocky. I haven't managed it over the internet as yet and didn't think that this was actaully possible. Due to the bandwidth etc. but obviously I am wrong so I will give it a go.
Wiz

l can watch tv at work . listen to all my mp3 from my pc wirelessly and record to pc or external or internal harddrive , l did try noobs one and didnt like the lack of webpage interaction

when watching tv from work over internet, what port do you forward the DB box to.

I can't seem to get DB viewable from internet on any port except port 80. I''m using a Belkin (7230-4) WifI router, it calls port forwarding "virtual server"

port 80 leaves you more susceptible to hackers ;(

as far as l know it has to be port 80 , but if only using a network thats not important, but if u want to watch from work but your on a crap connection then dont bother . l record to my pc thats hard wired to the router l havnt tried to record to a lappy as u asked in your pm . u can copy wot u recorded through nero to a dvd .

as far as l know it has to be port 80 , but if only using a network thats not important, but if u want to watch from work but your on a crap connection then dont bother . l record to my pc thats hard wired to the router l havnt tried to record to a lappy as u asked in your pm . u can copy wot u recorded through nero to a dvd .

yeah, though the stream across net too good to be true - replaces a slingbox then wouldn't it? Wonder how fast an upload you need to watch tv over net, as it's perfect on home wireless network (with 54Mbps)

nero then just prints a standard dvd, so playback anywhere? (.iso is it?)

Back