DM500S setup

ailbek

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just invested in 2 dreambox 500S recievers and I wish to set them up *** *** **** *******. Can anyone tell me how I go about this?
Regards
ailbek

no sky talk or cs

Last edited by a moderator:
ok m8 first need to know a bit about what you have and hope to achieve. you have 2 dreamboxes, are they going to be used in the same house? youll need a network router to connect them to, youll also need to install an image on each box as well as a CAM and card server on the one of them, do you have an active subscription as one of these will also be needed

Yes I have an avtive subscription and they will both be used in the same house. Where do I get the image, CAM and card server?
A

You can grab any image, install it then setup your network, press the Blue button and goto the ADDON INSTALL menu to download, if you are wanting to share a card locally then I'd recommend downloading the latest CCcam as it doesn't need any configuration, ie...it just works. :)

I have connected the dreambox to my internet router. Now how do I go about grabbing an image and downloading CCCam?

there are various images, you can find Gemini v3.4 in our download section or you could google. Then it is best to load it by null modem serial lead using dreamup- the official firmware loader.

Once you have the new image on (and networked) you can then press the blue button on your remote and use the onscreen tv menu to download cams like cccam.

Great, thanks. Will give that a try and let you know how I get on

I also have a 500s, is there neutrino images for the 500s?

will 500c images work on the 500s?

thanks

I have downloaded the gemini image and loaded ccam 2.0.0. But I am still not getting any picture on the encripted channels. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Also do I need to have the dreambox connected to the internet all the time?

Last edited:
You should also make sure your SoftCam.key file is updated with the latest keys.
As for keeping the dreambox connected to the net, you wont need to unless you are sharing.

Can the 2 dream boxes be connected together using just a patch lead or do both have to be connected together via router?

i dont know of a way to directly connect by patch lead. You couldnt use the same IP number for both receivers because they would clash, and if they were different IP's how would they know each others details? So as far as I know you have to use a router.

A cross over patch cable is what is need if you do not use a route. The IP address have to be different. eg. box1 192.168.0.10 box2 192.168.0.20 all other IP information must be the same (subnet, gateway, nameserver). If both box's are in the same room (testing) then you will need to cover up the IR sensor on one of the box's while you work with the other and vica versa.

I have got both boxes working now using a card. However when I try to cardshare using a crossover RJ45 cable, only the box with the card will work. I have the ip addresses set at 192.168.0.1 for the first box and 192.168.0.2 for the second, subnet 255.255.255.0 for both.I have gateway and DNS all 0's
Any suggestions?

you need to edit the config file for whatever camd ur using. so if you're using mgcamd you need to edit newcs.xml file var/tuxbox/config/enigma in the box with the card in and edit the mg_cfg file in var/keys on both boxes

In earlier posts you mention you are using cccam is that still right? If so you dont need newcs as krazy mentioned above. You need to check you have amended the cccam configs correctly, I think they are in var/etc file. Have you changed or looked at the config file yet? Like are you following a tutorial?
Anyway, check the file cccam.cfg to make sure that the box thats looking for the card is looking at the correct IP, and that the box with the card is allowing access from that other box. If you read the cfg file (open with notepad or wordpad) you may have some help text within it too.

Thing is i'm still not sure if this will work with a direct crossover cable? I know porsche944 says it will so fingers crossed you should be ok.

How do you edit files on the box? I can locate the files /var etc uning the box remote control and menus but I don't know if i can edit the file this way. I have tried connecting the box to a pc using a rj45 connection and putting the ip address i assigned to the box in the address bar of my web browzer but could not establish connection. I used both crossover and straight through cables. I also put a router in between the pc amd box but with no success. I can get communication between pc and dreambox using a serial cable but I have to use dreamup software and there seems to only be the option of flashing with this software.

Download CCcam on both boxes, the box with the card in goto menu/expet setup/communications setup and tick the DHCP box press the green button to save exit all then reboot, once its rebooted go back to menu/expert setup/communications setup, this will give you your correct IP.

IP 192.168.0 ?
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Type LAN
Nameserver & Gateway shoud be the same 192.168.0.1
Tick enable network
Port 80
if it all looks like that then your network should be fine.

Once you have downloaded CCcam you need to put an F: line in the box with the card, and the other box will need a C: line in cccam.cfg file.

I am unsure if we are supposed to be talking about this subject, if this is the case sorry in advance.

If its ok to talk about this subject and you get stuck, put on another post and i'll get back to you with the config files.

Last edited:
Useful post stillabrummie.
...as for editing the actual files ailbeck you cant use dreamup or the onscreen menu & remote. You will need to use ftp software to transfer the file to your pc. Same way that you should use ftp for updating softcam key files. Once you have the file on the pc you can edit/update it, then just ftp back into your receiver and restart.
Regards.

Back