Dm500hd

mush

Inactive User
Reaction score
ANGA Cable 2009: DMTV present DREAMBOX DM 500 HD

Released: 11.05.2009, 15:56

Dream Multimedia TV producer of popular multimedia set-top boxes DREAMBOX, presented at this year's fair AngaCable their models receiver to receive broadcasts in high definition. In addition to well-known models of DM 800 and 8000 HD PVR is the first time in Cologne will present a new model under the name DM 500 HD.

Technical parameters of the new model DM 500 HD will be formally presented to AngaCable held on 26 28 May 2009. DMTV will exhibit at stand H40. AngaCable is fair for the cable and satellite transmission and reception and broadband services.

It is expected that the DM 500 HD to HD receiver with small dimensions, like the earlier models of DM 500 and DM 500 plus for the adoption of a standard broadcast.

now that dose sound good will be nice to see the price of them also from another post i seen there is a 702xhd to come as well two new receivers by the look of it

Last edited:
the chinesse will copy the box in 8 days unless they sale it for 200 pounds.

sounds good, just lets hope it's more reasonably priced than the 800

well when you think of it like this a clone 800 will set you back 356.49 and you cant use a lot of the new drivers and images for about 42.51 more you can get a real one that you can use all images on with out a problem

the chinesse will copy the box in 8 days unless they sale it for 200 pounds.

the chinesse will copy any thing they don't care what price it will cost but im sure it will be around this price anyway will be good to see the out come of it

Thats what i'm thinking too. I'm not sure it will be real HD, but sounds more like HD upscale add-on to the lower end SD receivers. If its dm500 and dm7020 model names then I'd say thats what it will be -newer versions that are still SD but with HD upscale ability and maybe hdmi output, just like dvd's with hdmi as you say dude.

lol never thought of it like that but im sure some one will buy in to it make dream loads of $$$$$$$$$ will be good to see the speck of it

thinking about it, does anyone know if the dm8000 has hdmi? there was something about issues with the license for it, which is why the dm800 is fitted with a dvi socket and ships with a specially adapted dvi-hdmi cable that also carries audio

maybe theyll fit a dvi socket instead of a hdmi one

8000 has a dvi socket think they had the same issues with the license for it its a shame to as its only dreams receivers they seem to have this problem with but i dont think there is a problem with dvi dose the same job so there is a chance it will have dvi as well

8000 has a dvi socket think they had the same issues with the license for it its a shame to as its only dreams receivers they seem to have this problem with but i dont think there is a problem with dvi dose the same job so there is a chance it will have dvi as well

the chinese should put a hdmi on there clone 800 they dont care about licenses

the chinese should put a hdmi on there clone 800 they dont care about licenses

lol true but they still have not done it so that might say they do in some sort of way lol any way is dvi not the same thing

was on the i-had forum guy posted some picture of the 500hd as he was at the show for it today it don't half look bad and at a price of 300 euros that's if they stick to that it would be a good buy sorry about the pictures but on there site they are bigger not sure why it wont blow them up when you click them

they got hdmi did they finally get the licensing
and no serial port

i see there is mini usb so maybe supports external diskdrive. can anyone explain the use of a sim reader.

thanks digidude should have also put these two up as well think the usb is a serial usb like the 100 and i think the sim is for security there is some posts on here about it were people with clone 800 have probs with it

Last edited:
the serial port (if like other smaller dreamboxes) will connect to the header pins behing the optical output

What about the broadcast encrytpion, I heard this dont work on DVI only HDMI.

Regards Finearrow

Back