dm500hd where to buy cheapest ?

jjp2701

Banned
Reaction score
i am looking for a place that does these at the very cheapest, or is everywhere selling at the same price ?

my budget is 250 pound, and thinking twice about getting a clone, dont like the sound of this glitching stuff, so need a original box i think, and there is probs with the tm800hd or i would have gone for that

Price is fixed and theres issues with some of those as well.

This quote from sat-shop.co.uk

"If you're going for HD and Linux then would be the VU+ DUO for me without question.... I personally would avoid the DM500HD because there is STILL this problem with them not booting up (received one back from a customer just this morning), the DM800 is actually discontinued and will be replaced by the DM800-SE later in the year, the DM8000 is far to expensive, the VU+ SOLO while working fine (got one running here great) perhaps doesn't enjoy quite the support you'd expect just yet (it will come), so for me leaves the VU+ DUO, great support, twin tuner, great build quality, the most popular receiver in Europe right now, say no more!"

DM500HD - No CAM slots, single tuner, single card slot, single scart, no RF out and uses eSATA drive for PVR plus other fuctions, no front panel display. Fairly easy to flash new firmware but requires you do this via USB lead connected to PC or via web interface (either way a PC is required). Runs open source Enigma2 (Linux) firmware and is supported by various third party groups (quite important when you are talking Linux and Enigma2). Cost £319?

what about the vu+solo then manic01 m8, for cccam server and client wise, and stability, and where is the cheapest for these if they are stable m8 ?

Price is fixed and theres issues with some of those as well.

This quote from sat-shop.co.uk

"If you're going for HD and Linux then would be the VU+ DUO for me without question.... I personally would avoid the DM500HD because there is STILL this problem with them not booting up (received one back from a customer just this morning), the DM800 is actually discontinued and will be replaced by the DM800-SE later in the year, the DM8000 is far to expensive, the VU+ SOLO while working fine (got one running here great) perhaps doesn't enjoy quite the support you'd expect just yet (it will come), so for me leaves the VU+ DUO, great support, twin tuner, great build quality, the most popular receiver in Europe right now, say no more!"

DM500HD - No CAM slots, single tuner, single card slot, single scart, no RF out and uses eSATA drive for PVR plus other fuctions, no front panel display. Fairly easy to flash new firmware but requires you do this via USB lead connected to PC or via web interface (either way a PC is required). Runs open source Enigma2 (Linux) firmware and is supported by various third party groups (quite important when you are talking Linux and Enigma2). Cost £319?

How could they get an 500HD back from a customer when they dont sell the 500HD ?

i am looking for a place that does these at the very cheapest, or is everywhere selling at the same price ?

my budget is 250 pound, and thinking twice about getting a clone, dont like the sound of this glitching stuff, so need a original box i think, and there is probs with the tm800hd or i would have gone for that

These are £86 plus postage, comes to about £120, dont know how they perform, but they are HD.
OPENBOX S9 HD PVR, OPENBOX S9 HD, the cheapest OPENBOX receiver

has anyone tried these boxes, and what support it has, and is it server and client, and does cccam work with this, does anyone owne one, whats the tuner like and hd picture, any info please

OPENBOX S9 HD PVR receiver
Linux Operating System, support CCcam sharing protocal, PVR (store in USB disk ), Universal CI and CA ports

Think its only a client

Well, Really impressed with it. HD is just as good as my $ky HD box, Supports a SATA Hard Drive docking station via usb, and timeshifts, pause, record and playback.

Good cheap box.

WIll defo be placing an order to china for some more.

they have 59 reviews so people are using them, the solomend cant stream anything but for £70-80 it's a great HD pic and cccam works ok on it as a client, they al have the same firmware i think so must have the same features.

I was considering getting a DM500 clone but then I thought I'll spend a bit more and get DM800 clone for HD capability but this looks like a good alternative.

I'm sorry I’m new to all this - ill this work straight out of the box or do I need to flash it?

What about future support etc?

I was considering getting a DM500 clone but then I thought I'll spend a bit more and get DM800 clone for HD capability but this looks like a good alternative.

I'm sorry I’m new to all this - ill this work straight out of the box or do I need to flash it?

What about future support etc?
yes, It il work straight out of the box.

You can either scan for all channels or just FTA.

The specs state that it has 7 day EPG but I imagine this will only be now and next on sly ??

Whats the OSD like ??

Thinking of getting one of these for my Dad, reading what people are saying its fine if you just want to watch HD tele and nothing else which is exactly what i'm looking for

The specs state that it has 7 day EPG but I imagine this will only be now and next on sly ??

Whats the OSD like ??

Thinking of getting one of these for my Dad, reading what people are saying its fine if you just want to watch HD tele and nothing else which is exactly what i'm looking for

OSD is fine, and the HD picture is great.

Even supports a USB SATA HDD caddy witn 750Gb Drive in it.

Well am looking for dm500hd so far. This is useful for me. I usually buy my gadgets from Chinabuye, as it was cheaper than aliexpress. This forum is useful for me search.

Back