where to buy new HDDs

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually buy HDDs from ebay but with brexit now and parcel motel gone this is more complicated as i will have to first fine a seller that sells to ireland and then i will get hit with import charges too.

Looking for a 3TB-4TB 3.5" Western Digital purple or red.

If anyone can advise somewhere that sells them and ships to Ireland i would appreciate it.

I usually buy HDDs from ebay but with brexit now and parcel motel gone this is more complicated as i will have to first fine a seller that sells to ireland and then i will get hit with import charges too.

Blame the Cabbage Patch Kid.

iu

If it's for southern ireland then why no buy from europe then you avoid paying import duty by avoiding the uk system.

If it's for southern ireland then why no buy from europe then you avoid paying import duty by avoiding the uk system.
The only places I used before were ebay and dabs both are no longer an option for different reasons.

I'll probably just go down the Amazon route since I found 4TB for about €120. Nuts the way every thing has gone up so much. I got 2 * 3TB on ebay before for around the same price.

The only places I used before were ebay and dabs both are no longer an option for different reasons.

I'll probably just go down the Amazon route since I found 4TB for about €120. Nuts the way every thing has gone up so much. I got 2 * 3TB on ebay before for around the same price.

Things are going to get a lot worse mi thinks. 🙄
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The link posted on HUKD that I posted do them. 4gig purple's are £93, they come from Holand, I think.

The link posted on HUKD that I posted do them. 4gig purple's are £93, they come from Holand, I think.
I don't see that on there site and there's not much in the price between them and amazon.

Mymemory often do some deals they are based in Guernsey I think. Have you looked on AliExpress.
My memory don't seem to so do large hdds and AliExpress will take 2 long. I have had 2 drives die on me in the last month or so. One is covered by warranty but since I only had one backup drive I'm down 1 in my array so if another goes before the replacement drive comes I lose everything on my array.

Sad to hear that from the British guys. I want to know why did you choose to exit the EU? It's not even profitable for you, and there's also the Ireland question. I don't live in the UK, and maybe I don't understand something about the internal situation. Still, it seems not reasonable to me to leave the EU, which will make things just more complicated. Enough about politics. I'd like to ask you what reliable HDDs you can suggest to me. I want the HTTP that will last at least six or seven years and work without crashes. I had just refused to work the previous HDD, then I had to bring it to a to save the data. Now I have a backup copy of all the data on my PC, but I still want the hard drive to be reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think WD are the only drives to buy. They actually have a warranty and stick too it. Others it feels like a job interview to get a replace it's pretty easy with WD. I had some WD drives nearly 10 years going 24/7 in my Nas and they still haven't failed. The only WD drives I had that did fail were all external and really my own fault cuase they are bouncing around my bag or fell off desks but they still replaced them without any issues.

Always wanted to ask why you are not happy with it? I am from Ukraine, and for us it is one of the few politicians who really support our country.
His heart is in the right place but if he only had a 🤔
3AE727F4-0595-4CB4-B38A-1447D25FACA9.jpegEBD7D86C-58FE-40BA-9250-19A0E2C980F5.jpeg

Back