DM500c

tradmusicman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I can configure / adapt my DM500C as a sat receiver. I'm gonna switch to FTA satellite and was wondering if I could use my 500C as a set top box. I know it is the (c) cable version but if it is just a case of getting an F-type adapter and loading up a Sat image it may be worth re-using.

Thanks

Tradman

I am not an expert but I do know the tuner needs changing and they are not plug and play - that in itself would be a pain in the neck job to change - plus the cost of getting a sat tuner !! With prices of clone 500s so low now it would probably make more sense to buy one than mess about trying to adapt a 500c!!

I am not an expert but I do know the tuner needs changing and they are not plug and play - that in itself would be a pain in the neck job to change - plus the cost of getting a sat tuner !! With prices of clone 500s so low now it would probably make more sense to buy one than mess about trying to adapt a 500c!!

Thanks gooner. I'm switching to satellite with quad LNB and dont want to buy 4 STB's for each of the TV's I want to service just yet. I'm trying to utilize the equip I have. I'm going for the HD STB for master TV. There are a lot of redundant STB's around following the boom of N1 / N2 (eurovox's dbox's) and if I could convert 1 or 2 it would have saved me.

as a by the by, do you rcommend the 500s - is it still a good system

Tradman

I use a 500s - its a good little machine and once you get used to it pretty easy to use!! I use a pli image and it does a good job!! I cant remember which one but one of the chinese sellers offered to sell just a 500s board and it was a bit cheaper than buying the whole receiver - about $35 is i remember - might save you a couple of quid to do it that way - just stick the new board in the 500c casing!!

Back