dm500c can I use dbox2 imgs?

cymbal2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, Just got a dreambox 500c [cable] and was wondering if anyone can help.The img installed is the enigma and want to change it , as having a problem getting the channels [n*l] into it.I have tried some of the dbox2 imgs including the new sportster but file is too large for flash..I think it only holds about 5.6mbs.I also tried to put in some xmls and service files,tried bruteforce as well but no joy..[in south.Ireland,] .I heard there is a Gemini img that works,so if anyone has any ideas I would welcome them! The only thing I can think of is to get a stripped down img and ftp only the basic stuff.emu and the like.,for eductional purpose only of course!! Cheers cymbal2 and thank you all.. :drink:

You have to use a image which is made for a DM500c.
The dbox has different hardware built in and therefor different drivers are used for a dbox image.

Thanks mgb,I thought so, but wasn't sure , but the great thing about these dreamboxes is that you can experiment to your hearts content, so will keep on trying and will keep you all posted if I suceed..cheers.cymbal2.

hi try [DLMURL]http://www.oozoon.de/main.html[/DLMURL] you could find something there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,bigsparky, No, nothing there, but I sometimes use it for the dream 7000 box.I did manage to get the channels going[the few F.T.A.], it was the the wrong sym. rate.So, slowly getting there! Cheers..cymbal2

Back