DM500 where to buy?

jonjlp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all.
New to this game.Doing lots of reading but where would you suggest buying a DM500 from as there are loads con merchants out there? Plus what price would i expect to pay?

I already have a motorised dish from Technomate days but have read somewhere that certain DM's have problems in driving a dish motor! Any views on this?

Many thanks for any help

Around £55 from a UK supplier, I got one from well I better not mention the name as the support is no good lol

Thank you for the info.
I noticed the vendor mentioned supplies DM500 with image already loaded. Read somewhere that this may create a security issue once hooked up to your internet.Any thoughts?
Thanks

Thank you for the info.
I noticed the vendor mentioned supplies DM500 with image already loaded. Read somewhere that this may create a security issue once hooked up to your internet.Any thoughts?
Thanks
yeah flash your own image on before connecting it to the net, pli jade seems to be the most used, im using it and its been great so far, never faultered once!

Yep just reflash it when you get it, it is not difficult and there's loads of tutorials to help

Thanks for help.
Tuts show how to flash image but would i have to first delete original image as supplied via vendor or simply re-flash over it?

If I remember right you can reflash over the old but maybe someone else can give a definate answer

use dreamup mate, just flash over the the other software,and click no to flash erase!

There you go mate as easy as that

With regards to my opening post on this thread, anyone had issues with driving a dish with the DM500S? Thanks

Nah dont know about that mate I havent even got my dish up yet lol, but I have flashed the box

With regards to my opening post on this thread, anyone had issues with driving a dish with the DM500S? Thanks
know of a few people with them and no issues mate, i however only have a fixed dish at present.

I've bought 4 from dvbzilla, under £50, delivery took 3-4 days, don't know about service because they've all worked fine. I chose them after asking the same question elsewhere and getting some good advice(mainly about who not to trust), you're right;there are some dodgy sites ripping people off, just google the site you're thinking of buying from and you'll find results directing you to a few forums giving reviews, worked ok for me.

had no problems at all driving motor with a 500s, but you have to make sure you get a quality one. 2-layer units can develop problems a lot easier than the slightly more expensive 4-layer ones always ask the seller if they can confirm what layer unit their selling.

i have a dm500s v8 from satfooldeals that drives my 1.1m triax/stab motor without any problems at all. regards mdt

Thanks for response guys.
I already have a motorised 90cm dish set-up from a now redundant TM receiver.
Is it pretty straight fwd in swapping to a DM500 and not disturbing all the pre-set satellite data or is it start from scratch and re-enter all the sat data?

you'll probably have to re'enter details but straight forward sat is on the arc already.

no need to edit anything if the motor is usals compliant then just add long and lat and the 500 will work out where to point the dish for you.

Back