DM500 - blank screen and green light

dboxbelfast

Inactive User
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on a DM500 with an enigma image on it. The image wasnt the best so I decided to update it. I went for a pli image and updated it through the /tmp folder. Long story short it didnt work and I ended up with black screen and green light on the front of the box.

Tried to rescue it with Dreamup but still the same result. I've tried different images which have gave errors and the only on seems to flash properly is a nabilosat image but I still get the black screen.

Any suggestions guys? Am I doing something wrong? I dont think it box is bricked seeing as dreamup is talking to it and copying over the image. And i've never tried a gemini image on there so it wouldnt be bricked because of that.

Also, i've tried various images and versions on dreamup and most of the time im getting the error message "ERROR, memCRC32 from box not equal local CRC32

Please help :(

***UPDATE***

After some more reading on the problem I saw elsewhere that it might be worth giving it another go from a different PC.

Seeing as I was using a Linux PC with XP on VMWare I thought i'd give it a go and guess what...success

So for future reference if you're using a version of Windows in VMWare then you're gonna hit problems so best using a proper PC

Back