dm100

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Have just been having a wee read up on this new toy from dream and its looking like a good start up receiver for some one new first non linix receiver to support cccam yes you can cs with this wee baby also you can patch key files in to it and at 118 pounds its not bad can see this being big lot of good things being said about it on some forums

I think it will be good if it has great stability, but the price needs to fall too imho. Streaming vido over network would be a bonus but i suppose this unit is made more for simplicity. However, user-friendlyness just isnt something that Dream have ever been good at, so this model is really a new direction for them to take.

My hopes would be for a very simple box, very stable, cccam, under 100, and can stream video over network cable :) ~its not too far away.

The only concern I would have is that it is a non linux box.
So if there is a fundamental change in the way cccam works then this could make this useless (unless you stick with current version).

I remember my Technomate situation (I had a TM1600) and for a while the other technomates were having there patches updated and not the TM1600.

So to be sure, I would get yourself a proper Linux box.

There are quite a few receivers at similar prices DM500-S + clones,Eagle Reciever and even Technomate TM9101.

If you want a linux receiver then sure you already have other options and yes it's an obvious upgrade. But the point of the dm100 box is to not be a linux box, to suit the millions that already choose non-linux receivers on purpose :)

The dm100 isnt going to replace a dm600 or dm7020 or dm800 etc, its just not meant to. Someone who already has access to cccam, and various functions linux receivers offer, then 100% this box will be a downgrade. That customer is not its market. Although, great for current users to add to a bedroom tv, kids room, 2nd tv room etc.

Anyway thats my view :)

Back