Dish and Dreambox

superstel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys my first post on this forum! I hope i will learn a lot more!! :)

I am currently leaving in a block of flats and we have a sky dish installed for all the flats! I was wondering if a i get a DM500 and connect it to this dish is it goign to work?

Cheers

you will only get 28 east if its a fixed dish, and nothing is cracked on 28 east, to get the benifits from the dreambox you would want a motorised dish.

you will only get 28 east if its a fixed dish, and nothing is cracked on 28 east, to get the benifits from the dreambox you would want a motorised dish.

Unless of course you know someone with a card sharing setup

In all honesty you still want a motorised setup tho

Cheers

thanks a lot stillabrummie, i was thinking for a temprarily solution as i am moving to a new house soon!

cheers
st

swing it a little bit over to hotbird 13 e or astra 19 e and scan for channels.
Using Gemini 3.6 and MGCamd with the twiddly blue button bits, you can get either :
A) at 13e TPS or B) 19.2 e Premiere and Digital +

Or get a 90-100 cm dish, a twin lnb and have both.

all for less than 100 quid.

Unless of course you know someone with a card sharing setup

In all honesty you still want a motorised setup tho

Cheers

supposing you know someone with a card share , what channels could you get with a fixed dish?

thanks

Depends what cards the server has to share and depends what satellite the dish is pointing to.

swing it a little bit over to hotbird 13 e or astra 19 e and scan for channels.
Using Gemini 3.6 and MGCamd with the twiddly blue button bits, you can get either :
A) at 13e TPS or B) 19.2 e Premiere and Digital +

Or get a 90-100 cm dish, a twin lnb and have both.

all for less than 100 quid.

you cant just swing it m8 as it'll be a fixed communial dish for all the residents in the block

heh heh - I missed that little gem of info. I never realised that it was a communal dish, cos I didn't read the post well enough.

A small dish is as cheap as chips, can be clamped to the balcony rail, (if you have a southerly view). Or a camping/caravan type of flat-pack dish/tripod kit might do it.

Back