Diseqc Switch Problem

henrymilne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a satellite dish pointed at 28.2 and another pointed at 19.2. I bought a diseqc switch as I wanted to have both satellites on the one box with switching cables. When I plug 28.2 into the first port and enable diseqc 1.0 and select first port everything works grand. When I add 19.2 to the second port on the diseqc switch and configure it on the box both satellites just show as having no signal when I browse to them

Anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong here?

Thanks,
Henry

Well first off I would isolate whether the switch is faulty or not, diseqc switches often fail. Try a new one.

If you still have the problem then it is a case of checking the cables and connections, if you put 19.2 on port 1 with nothing else connected do you receive it okay? Keep trying different set ups until you isolate the cause.

Even your receiver could be the problem. If you can borrow another receiver that would be helpful.

Hope this helps.

It was originally setup an working with 28.2 and 13e. I then got a motorised dish and a vu solo. so No Need for the old dish and Box

So took the dish, disqec switch and sab box to caravan. Setup 28,2 and 19.2 that's when I couldn't get it working. I ordered a new diseqc switch but its same issue.

Thanks,

It was originally setup an working with 28.2 and 13e. I then got a motorised dish and a vu solo. so No Need for the old dish and Box

So took the dish, disqec switch and sab box to caravan. Setup 28,2 and 19.2 that's when I couldn't get it working. I ordered a new diseqc switch but its same issue.

Thanks,

Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Tuner Config-Tuner A

Simple
A/B
LNB 1
28e

Simple
A/B
LNB 2
19.2e

What LNB's are you using? I have had a few issues with Inverto Ultras and DiSEqC switches. I assume it's the strong IF (thanks to the IBU's high gain) that's swamping the switching command from the box. Swapping them out for cheaper LNB's cured the problems once I had sussed it.

Back