Diplexer help

I have done exactly as you say in post 16 digi and everything is working well with a nice clear picture and magic eye function on rf2...my only problem now is Im not getting all channels on aerial. Its not picking up bbc1, 2, 3 or 4 along with a few others. Im getting itv, channel 4 etc...

Can anyone suggest a remedy to my missing channels as everything is good apart from not having BBC variants plus a few others. I should be getting 19 cchannels but only getting 9...

Do you still get the missing channels from the main diplex plate before it enters into your official Sky HD box and maybe from the RF1 output from the Skybox

I have had occasional issues like this with diplexers where they notch out a particular frequency, I have got around it by swapping out the diplexer for another of a different make. In this case the missing frequency might be the one carrying the BBC bouquet. In thus case we don't know whether it's the wall plate or the outdoor one that's causing the problem, if indeed that IS the source.
Out of interest, is the rear of the wall plate screened? I.e is there a metal cover enclosing the electronics?

I never had much luck with the wall plate diplexer. Got a bad picture. Pushing the cable into position was awkward. It just wouldn't sit right...

I'm actually using two diplexers and the one behind the tv is all metal with no plastic casing and movement causes gliitches. I'm going to get an identical one to the one in the roof space, the antiference, I feel it's better quality...

I never had much luck with the wall plate diplexer. Got a bad picture. Pushing the cable into position was awkward. It just wouldn't sit right...

I'm actually using two diplexers and the one behind the tv is all metal with no plastic casing and movement causes gliitches. I'm going to get an identical one to the one in the roof space, the antiference, I feel it's better quality...

Might be a good plan. Try & get one with just F-connectors, they're far superior to standard co-ax sockets.

Back