Digitalworldz Dream Neutrino V2.0 Released (500c) Feedback Only

Not quite the answer i was looking for thanks mate.

My box/area is not compatible with the newer driver (i have a feeling its something to do with the area as my inlaws box does the same and was bought from a different supplier about 18 months after i bought mine and they have different tuners in them, one has screw in connections the other doesn't). If i switch to the new driver my box will not find any channels with a scan and if i ftp my services over i get the "switch service not found" error on every channel.

So could someone please tell me if it includes the old driver please?

Mate, thats because both of your boxes are clones
Generally, the new tuner driver will not work with clones, because when you set it to the newer driver, it switches to vertical frequency for some weird reason
I'm sure the boys will sort it in the next update

Feedback
I haven't tried this image yet, and I am not going to flash it yet, because, version 1.0 is ok for me
This release really shouldnt be called 2.0, because it only fixes minor bugs, this should have been labeled as 1.1
I hope in the next release, we'll see some bigger updates, e.g. component, standby from front of box, more professional looking splash screens, etc...

You asked for my feedback, and you got it ;)
I'm only being honest

Really like version 1.0 though, 3 minute scan, set my area, etc... some very nice features
and the cryo extras menu is good too
credit to cryo ;)

List of Bugs
There is no way of setting DST
We are currently in GMT+1, but the image shows GMT+0 - E.G. The time is 07:00 now, but my box is saying 06:00

The colon in the time is not flashing properly, only the top dot is flashing, not the bottom one
The arrow keys < > are swapped around
Standby button on front of box is not functioning

I will add more as I find them...

Can you flash this using telnet ??? , i have version 1.0 on and i would love to try version 2 , and i have the dm500c connected to my pc by network cable , but itis the other side of the house so connecting it by serial is a pain ..
if telnet can be used , then are the commands the same for neutrino ???

Can you flash this using telnet ??? , i have version 1.0 on and i would love to try version 2 , and i have the dm500c connected to my pc by network cable , but itis the other side of the house so connecting it by serial is a pain ..
Just FTP the file to your tmp folder and flash the image using remote,
flash one partition
w/out bootloader

Just put put this Image on , first time I've tried it since V0.1 and think its
an excellent image,
would love something like this for the 600c

Telnet works fine. Did mine with it...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I want to give this image a go but how can i copy my cam and keys from the old dw 2.1 image to the new one? as when i flashed dw2.1 evocam was already in place and working:)

is it just a case of ftp'ing a folder?

List of Bugs

List of Bugs
  • There is no way of setting DST
    We are currently in GMT+1, but the image shows GMT+0 - E.G. The time is 07:00 now, but my box is saying 06:00
  • The colon in the time is not flashing properly, only the top dot is flashing, not the bottom one
  • The arrow keys < > are swapped around
  • Standby button on front of box is not functioning
  • When you go to technical information, it doesn't tell you the frequency of the channel correctly, it says 0.0Mhz
  • When recording a channel, if you stop the recording, the box gets stuck
  • In the extras menu, when you set your area, the text at the bottom goes out of the box, and is unreadable
  • If you hide a bouquet in the bouquets editor, and then try to unhide it later, you won't be able to, it remains permanently hidden

I will add more as I find them...

Finally got round to flashing the image, and must say it just keeps getting better, Really nice features and ease of use for even a dreambox user like me, Good that there are people out there who keep on going to improve their already superb image. Top Marks

Component out next is all i can see it needing for me anyway

I want to give this image a go but how can i copy my cam and keys from the old dw 2.1 image to the new one? as when i flashed dw2.1 evocam was already in place and working:)

is it just a case of ftp'ing a folder?

Yeh mate, copy your /var/bin/emu/ and /var/keys/ folders to your desktop

Flash the new image, and then copy em back over, remember to chmod emu and keys folders to 777

Great Image guys.....

Only one thing that seems not to have been mentioned, other than the remaining bugs, is a recomendation for a 'Add to Bouquets' or 'Move' button (as in Cyro's).

btw....2 min 31 sec scan!!!! now thats what I call FAST Scan!:Clap:

Hi, when you set bouquet to locked and ask for pin, it doesnt work ?? i find Dream Neutrino V1.0 more stable, also when i go from sky sports 1 to sky sports 2 it just goes blank if i go from sky sports 3 to 2 it works very weird works from any other channel just not from sky sports 1 to 2

Thanks

Post no 1 has been edited
new file added for box's having problems with the volume keys
so you now have a choice

just flashed, nice and quick - but i can't get it to use my bouquets - just says 'all channels' - is there an option somewhere i need to tell it to use them?

just flashed, nice and quick - but i can't get it to use my bouquets - just says 'all channels' - is there an option somewhere i need to tell it to use them?

Menu > Service > Reload Channel Lists. Worked for me...?

and when you scan change VM Order to leave existing or you will lose your bouquet setup.

Anyone having trouble with the Channel history list resetting every 10 mins?

had to reflash in the end, wasn't saving the new services.xml for some reason!

First of all thank you guys for the great work in providing this new Image.

Love quick scan and the Virgin Bouquets.

Minor probs with remote vol conrol etc, generally found it fidley, e.g I could not lock a bouquet without locking the individual contents in the boquet. Its probably quite easy, but its not intuitive like the DW Enigma Images.

Major problem with set my loacations (Network ID scan), live in Northants
00018 579.000 6.887 did not work , checked every where and the same figures were given, however cfw69 asked if the freq for Norhampton was 803? checked my Pace box and the freq was 803 not 579. Sure enough using this figure box scanned perfectly finding all channels. Means that Northants has changed or more than one freq.

Decided to go back to DW2.1 for now, seems a lot easier to find things, not much diff in picture quality either way. Bonus I have taken the bouquets complete with missing channels back to DW2.1.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can edit the /var/tuxbox/config/shellexec/shellexec.conf and change the line for northants.

hopefully it will be correct in the next release.

Back