Digitalworldz app - now on the android market!

The APK is now in the first post of this message.

Iphone users I am on the case now!!!!

Kind Regards
Mick

Thanks but quick question. I am normally used to seeing a single file called <app name>.apk which I install using Astro file manager. The download seems to be a ZIP file containing lots of smaller files. Do I rename this as .apk or extract the zip and install that somehow ?

Thanks but quick question. I am normally used to seeing a single file called <app name>.apk which I install using Astro file manager. The download seems to be a ZIP file containing lots of smaller files. Do I rename this as .apk or extract the zip and install that somehow ?

Downloads as an apk file for me m8,
This is it m8 just knock the .zip of the end dont extract :)

Attachments

• dw.apk.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
I dont seem to be able to do anything with the attached files,when i download it all i get is a Winrar file,and when i extract i get a list of files,as oneman says used to seeing just one file...****.apk

where am i going wrong ?

Delete .zip from the file. The file should read dw.apk

This is what im seeing when i download the file

Attachments

• 2011-07-04_195559.jpg
    2011-07-04_195559.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 61
  • dw rar.jpg
    dw rar.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 8
You need to set windows to show file extensions. Then delete the .zip so it shows the .apk. That's why winrar is associated withe the file. I'm not near a pc but if memory serves it's in tools folder options on the top bar of any folder

Tamarc - that is correct. Save the file as dw.apk and then you can use something like astro file manager to do the install.
- So copy the file onto your SD card
- Use Astro to highlight the file
- Select 'Open App Manager'

You should then have a install option at the top.

Didn't realise but apk seem to be standard zip files but with apk extention. I guess its looking for one of the XML files which contain install instructions inside the zip file.

Thanks guys,all sorted now

all seems so easy when explained well...lol

Last edited:
Hi I have used this app on my samsung galaxy tab and my htc hero but my new monte carlo keeps force close any ideas

edogg

Last edited:
Back