Digital Box NTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wessy123

I have recently received an NTL digital box.
Unlike the analogue box which received everything due to a chip.
I cant find anyone who can tell me if the digital boxes are capable of being chipped.
Can anyone help.:)

Where would you most likely get it done.
Thanks for the response.
Is it like the old itv digi boxes where the card is programmed or is it a chip.

hang around abit longer m8 and post a few sensible post & then maybe you will find out

A simple modification is done to the box to disable it's ability to communicate back to your cable provider, and the card is read (if your lucky) and either reprogrammed or a funcard is created.
If you cant get the info required from the card you might have to remove the atmel chips from the board and read them.

Like chris said hang around abit longer than you'll be able to access the digital cable part of this forum andread about it for yourself, but don't forget to use the search 1st tho.

Klorel

Checkout rizzo.tv, helpfiles and the vortex site you will gain enough info to do the job, but will need the forums to get answers to your problems, and you will have problems.

Cheers

ste

nice to see newbies helping newbies it proves that not all new guys are inexperienced in cable (klorel) seen you somewhere before lol welcome on board m8.

rusty

just like to say hi to everyone as a newbie am a bit rusty on cable,anyway aquired a ditv1000 with original card about a year ago of a m8 seems that its the best buy ive had of him.ive been to the site which shows the mod on the ditv2000 but not the ditv1000 can anyone steer me in the right direction of the mod
cheers guys

Try

rizzo.tv

and

helpfiles.co.uk

you should find everything you need there m8 and most of the downloads that you will need to mod the box.

Basically the mod goes:-

1. Cut talkback in tuner.
2. Reset sram and set net id with libdebug program using serial lead from box to pc. You may be able to get the boxkey with libdebug also if the box software is old enough. Then set freq in eng menu on the box.
3. Using a phoenix/smartmouse programmer with 3.686MhZ crystal fitted and Nagraedit 3 software to obtain boxkey and modify the card to receive all channels.
4. If card is locked (a3c or bo8) then either check nagra database for boxkey using ird or buy a willem programmer and remove both tsop chips from box, read them and replace them.
5. In latter case then using an elvis programmer program a funcard to get all channels except ppv unless your lucky enough to have a box with old cr1 or cr2 software.
6. If software is old as stated above you need to remove the 2 amtels on the simm card to prevent the stb upgrading to latest software.

One thing, DO NOT put the box in the stream until the mod is completed because it will update or if simm mod is done later it will be aware an update is available and get stuck in a loop.

Hope this helps, good luck you will need it this mod aint easy until you have got your head around it.

ste

mod

cheers ste
been a great help m8 just thinking the mod was going to be a little more difficult like taking the chips out like it says in rizzos guide but using a serial cable makes it a lot easier until of course using the program itself
thanks again m8

some changes here wheres the cable section gone,
im not a newbie and i havnt got the option on my screen for cable section,

whats going on,

come on give me my access back

thommohawk said:
some changes here wheres the cable section gone,
im not a newbie and i havnt got the option on my screen for cable section,

whats going on,

come on give me my access back

Calm down lad :) It's not just you who can't see them, it's all of us. Wait around, they might reappear.

Wolverine

i am calm thankyou,

been working away for a bit and wondered what had happened,

i dont need any help at present i just liked browsing that section i thought it was a1,

thanks

it looks like NTHell are changing the public keys. I'm in Derby ex C&W and ours have changed. Be aware if your channels vanish you may just need to re-program your card.

anyone got new ones yet for ex c&w

mine went off today only channels 1 2 and 3 left on,

got the new key i think but now i cant read or write to my card using nagraedit has the card been locked?

hope some nice person with the knowledge see,s this and helps out,

will ntl tv .com have them yet?

Card down

Hi fella's mines the same, i am using a MasterCRD LCD2 programmer and im getting this error:

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 64 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 30 33 20 52 65 76 33 32 33 FF
ROM Revision: 003
EEPROM Revision: Rev323
Logging into card
Checking for BackDoor
BackDoor appears to be closed, aborting
Error reading image from card
Closing of COM1 was successful.

any ideas, and any "suggestions" as to where i might be placed in the right direction to get the card working might be helpfull. Thansk guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back