@digidude

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
just a quick one lol again :)

the gamma card needs and external pheonix for voltage reasons??

is it ok to use an old pheonix and swap out the crystal for 6mhz type or should i make a selectable freq pheonix for the job?

not got a gamma card yet but i am considering it lol as i understand i can us it for canal+ channels. I already have cas so it appears easy to program from what i read also.:)

im running a gamma for n0va @ 3.78Mhz with no problems m8

i have a 2nd one here that as soon as i sort out why the 2nd pheonix wont register, will be active for C+ via gamma for ua all :)

how did you attach 2 pheonix to the same box mate?? are you using usb pheonix's i understand newcs is required to start a USB pheonix to put it into pheonix mode. no i'm not telling you dude i am just trying to pick your brains lol
:)

I wonder if you might explain why we can't just use the box reader, i read some crap about voltage problems what does that mean?? surely that would be easier to fix than using ext programmers?

Last edited:
soz m8, i didnt explain clearly, im running 2x DM7020's but one of them is messing me about with the pheonix

ive tried allsorts to get a gamma card going in the internal readers about 2 years ago, some people say that specific versions of cccam will do it in the 500 internal reader, but with a 7020 you can then share 3 cards

i have been reading there are some selected issues with the 500 card reader, some say over voltage is killing "whitecards" and some say run gamma on external for some reason.
i believe the 500s reader problem maybe clone related but it isn't at all clear tbh.

i also note there are reboot problems when the comport pheonix is powered directly from the comport on the 7020, seems it is best to power the thing from the usb port which then allows the box to reboot else it won't boot while programmer is connected. Simply a little half ass don't it lol. is that what you've had to do on yours mate?

yes m8, mine has always been powered by the receivers usb, if the pheonix is powered and the receiver reboots, it senses voltage on the serial port, and thinks its about to be serial lead updated, so wont boot, when powered via usb though, the usb isnt powered up untill after the first stage boot, so receiver boots, then powers usb, then loads configs, and everything runs and starts with no problems ;)

Back