@ digidude

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
Finally got 500s posted yesterday 'dude, so hopefully you'll have received today.

Let me know how you get on m8

Cheers again :Cheers:

came this morning m8, ill have as look over the next few days :)

any news 'dude?

Need to organise my finances in case I need a new box lol, getting withdrawal symptoms now.
Missing out on the deviant channels, looking at a new wheelbarrow now to carry my 'nads in lmao

ive tried everything i can think of m8, i even ventured into the cable sections and tried loads of different things recommended in there.

the only thing thats left, that may work, is something called a Jtag, but what this is and how it works i dont know, im waiting for more info on it m8

ive tried everything i can think of m8, i even ventured into the cable sections and tried loads of different things recommended in there.

the only thing thats left, that may work, is something called a Jtag, but what this is and how it works i dont know, im waiting for more info on it m8

Sounds ominous lol. Cheers for your efforts m8 :)

Dude if you buy a cas3 you can also use it for dreambox jtag repair afaik. I've never done one but i'm sure the flash file needed comes built in to the cas3 software so its a simple 'click buttons' method.

I just had a quick look but cant find an answer, so maybe you cant use a cas2 or cas3. It shows the jtag header on photo12 on this page - http://www.spektr-tv.ru/dream500_eng.php so I am sure jtag boot repair/flushing will be possible, you just need someone who will pass on the tightly kept dmm secrets :(. I will see what i can find when i got more time later.

cheers lee

the Jtag point it shows is the connection for the RS232 port in the back. just when you think youve bust through all the cloak and dagger stuff, another surprise pops up lol. off to the cable section i go again lol

The receiver Dreambox DM 500s also has JTAG extension for download and loader restore (photo 12).

dreambox50011.jpg

was looking at the pic wrong, the jtag point is the square of solder points in front of the RS232 connector.

i have a CAS3 interface on the way and have found instructions now i had a bit more info to use in searches.

so still fingers crossed bard m8 ;)

my m8s CAS3 is broken :( fukin typical aint it lol so in a typical drunken ebay paypal moment i went and bought one and it should be here today, so over the weekend ill learn how its used, then start attacking this receiver

ok, i have the CAS3+, i have the rarer than unicorn shit 500s bootloaders, ive made my own cables and connectors to connect the CAS3 to the dreambox, and.......................

im stuck, lol

i cant find a diagram for what pin of the CAS3 goes to what pad for the jtag point on the 500, ive tried every one i can find, but theyre all for 5620 or 7000 models

:(

im not gonna let this beat me lol

ok some progress, i managed to get a circuit diagram from australia for the 500, as the jtag point pictures for the 500 dont exist. with a little bit of multimeter playing, hair pulling and drinking ive managed to totally map the 500 jtag points for what each connection is (or should be) and found 7 out of the 16 connections are what i need. ive worked out 2 of the 20 connections on the CAS interface in relation to the 7 out of the 16 on the dreambox

damn im soooo fkin close lol

i know know 6 out of the 7 i need to know out of the 20 total pins on the CAS3, and as far as i can find, nobody has EVER done one of these before

damn im going grey lol

owwwwwwwwwww :(

one massive electric shock and computer crash later, maybe i wasnt as close as i thought i was lol

Back