Destined for the bin? DM500C

defo a null modem cable that your using? and not a straight through one is it? have you used that com port before....it's not been set to shut down or any thing for power saving etc...(com port that is)

going back to your 1st post, who gave you it and why was it for free, any history on it from the person that you got it from....a free box seems strange if you get me.

i have a box exactly the same, only time i ever got it to flash with Dreamup was after leaving it off for about a week. Now i've got bad image on it again and won't flash - just got solid green light on front

Done that , sometimes it erases it , other times it doesn't , it seems to depend on how long the box has been powered off. Even if the erase is successful , still get error part way through flashing

i would try using the original firmware off the dreambox site and then use dreamup to flash it

once up and running then use telnet and flash it that way

found it most stable way with troublesome boxes

Time for Jtag I would say. Ohh if you need to ask. It is tricky. It took me some time to get a bricked box back to life. But that was before ppl flooded the web and got organised with the different versions of tuners and flash utils (for Jtag) in the end I used a dos version to get my box working.

My dead box Serial port would transmit but not receive and box died when doing a flash over FTP. I had to use a doner box and change the chip. Melted a few bits of plasticy parts on the phono jacks but I dont mind

looks tricky doing the soldering, can only just see the jtag points - the guy on you tube makes it look so simple

if you need any thing like this i'd suggest looking for Bad_Ad (solder ninja)

Back