Dell N7110 screen replacement

matty125

Member ++
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks my very old laptop (N7110) had an intermittent problem with the screen (not turning on etc) and appears to have now completely died. The laptop itself POSTS and working fine when connected to an external monitor via VGA, but the laptop screen remains dead regardless.

I taken the laptop apart and checked (and rechecked) the screen cables are seated correctly but the problem persists. I now removed the screen completely with the intention to replace - the model number is LP173WD1 TLN1 and a quick search suggests a replacement is around 60 quid? However, I also noticed another model number LP173WD1 TLA1 is available for significantly less....

A quick google search seems to suggest they are very similar - the only difference I can see is a higher C/R (contrast ratio?) on the A1. Both have the same resolution and 40 pin connector...

Am I better purchasing the like for like, or can I make a small saving by opting for the cheaper version - appreciate any comments or suggestions

Thanks.

Thanks, no reason - it does everything I need (I only game on console)... and simply would prefer not to throw away if it can be easily fixed for 60 quid or less... Over the years it been upgraded and more than adequate on a daily basis....

Thanks spud, that's the one I saw. The only issue is that has the A1 suffix rather than the N1 that the original has.. the only difference I can see between the two is the higher c/r so wondered if it would be compatible?

Back