Mobile Phones Decisions, Decisions

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
In a slight predicament which is causing me no end of stress and turmoil. Now you may think bloody hell what's he getting worked up about but seriously I really do over analyse things sometimes, so this is just part of my thought process and thinking out loud.

Background
I currently have an iPhone 4, i like my iPhone and use it semi-regularly, but primarily for Apps and as a content device rather than calls (i have a business related Blackberry for mail/calls). I also have 2 x AppleTV and i generally use the iPhone (youtube, music etc) and iTunes to stream to both the bedroom and living room or use the remote tool. It's also likely my daughter will have one in her room too as it's cheap and does everything i need with XMBC installed (she also has an iPhone4)

The Predicament

First i just want to say, i like Android, but as with the Apple counterpart it also has it's flaws, so i would appreciate on both sides that the fan bois don't start jumping in with stupid remarks without justification or something that will just be "because its better" that won't help me decide.

OK, so at the moment my contract is due for an upgrade with Vodafone. They have already offered me a 4S which I have turned down on the principle that i really don't care for the few additional hardware upgrades over and above me upgrading to IOS5 on my existing handet, and my thinking was just to extend my contract for 12 Months on a reduced price tariff (something like £20 instead of my current £45)

However, I'm also itching for something new which is were my want or leaning is towards waiting a few weeks and upgrading to the Samsung Nexus with Ice-Cream Sandwich. Now I persuaded my partner some time ago to get a Galaxy S, and that's been OK, It's had it's issues etc, but i never really felt it integrated will into the practical side of our household, and there have been a few..."well if you/I had" moments. The other part is from using the Kies software, i really despise it, and it's sucky interface.

So this then brings me onto the fact that if i change my phone, i could sell it and buy an iPad, but i then get into a similar argument with myself in that i also like some of the Android tabs on the market (my current one is pretty old, still runs 2.1 and has a crappy touch screen)

Basically it comes down to;

1) Keep my iPhone, live with what i have and continue from the practical perspective or
2) Upgrade to an Android handset, sell my iPhone 4 and buy an iPad 2 (which in some way returns part of the practicality of having one)

Oh also to mention, the iPad is likely to have to be a "family" thing :( given i would never hear the last of spending out on one and not buying my daughter one too.

What would you do?

Last edited:
option 2 looks the way forward but dont whip the ipad out till everyones in bed lol

Back