Decided to buy a DM500HD

rafter_01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

ive decided to buy a DM500HD so i can use it for C/S. I believe it has a HDMI port, is that correct?

How much does this box cost nowadays and where can i get one from?
shall i stick to the original one or go for the clone?

thanks

it got HDMI and scart for out put, mini USB for service plus LAN socket.
i got mine from dreamboxshop.co.uk in Camberley, i used to work next door to them and they're good. i think their link is also somewhere in here, it's £319 plus £14 delivery. I don't think you can get a clone any where yet, may be sometime in July i was told.

thanks for that, are the dm500HD easy to configure as a server?

.... as easy as any other E2 reciever mate.

Not difficult aslong as you have some basic computer skills, like FTP'ing file editing etc.

ok, what satellite box can i get that is non HD and cheap? i need it for testing and configuring as a client to my server box DM500HD?

As long as it's good quality box and picture..

thanks

ok, what satellite box can i get that is non HD and cheap? i need it for testing and configuring as a client to my server box DM500HD?

As long as it's good quality box and picture..

thanks

Hi there m8,

You can't go to far wrong with a Technomate. Personally I'd plump for a TM500 especially as all you want it for is As a client.

There's good support out there as well.
Good luck.

BG.

Hi there m8,

You can't go to far wrong with a Technomate. Personally I'd plump for a TM500 especially as all you want it for is As a client.

There's good support out there as well.
Good luck.

BG.

LOL...you cant be serious, good support ? Where ? From UR Team... ?? I'd still rather have a DM500 clone over a TM500.... TM600 has got potential, if it had some decent images, I would consider buying one if it had a fully supported OpenPLi or Gemini image..
But as it hasnt, A DM600 clone is still a better option..

what do you think of dm500? are there different versions t,c,s?

3 different versions of the DM500
S = Satellite, C = Cable, T = Terrrestrial

- Fairly old boxes been around a while, but probbaly one of the most well known and well supported linux box. A lot of images available..Gemini, PLI, EDG Nemesis, Nabilosat etc..

- No longer produced so all 500's are now clones, no real issue here though..clones are generally very reliable...sometimes issues with weak tuenr which can be fixed with a booster. Or poor power supplies..which cost about 5 quid to replace.

- Are cheap can be picked up for 50 - 60 quid.

Dont have PVR/recording functionality. etc.. DM600 is a better bet..more RAM, ability to use hard disc for PVR, swappable tuners...Ablle to run 7 day EPG...

3 different versions of the DM500
S = Satellite, C = Cable, T = Terrrestrial

- Fairly old boxes been around a while, but probbaly one of the most well known and well supported linux box. A lot of images available..Gemini, PLI, EDG Nemesis, Nabilosat etc..

- No longer produced so all 500's are now clones, no real issue here though..clones are generally very reliable...sometimes issues with weak tuenr which can be fixed with a booster. Or poor power supplies..which cost about 5 quid to replace.

- Are cheap can be picked up for 50 - 60 quid.

Dont have PVR/recording functionality. etc.. DM600 is a better bet..more RAM, ability to use hard disc for PVR, swappable tuners...Ablle to run 7 day EPG...

wow, thanks for this info.. DM500HD seems like a decent box but not happy about it not coming with a screen at the front..

Back