Decided on a Technomate

TimeShift

Inactive User
Reaction score
So I have decided not to jump on the Dreambox band wagon and instead decided to buy a Technomate tm600 PvR.
I just have a few questions to ask and some guidence before i purchase it.

Do Technomate have any clones of the tm600, and if they do, where would you suggest I purchase a real one from.
I have done some research and have seen alot of the cheaper Dreambox clones floating around.

Right down to some setup info then, I have done alot of reading in the Technomate section and think I have it set
in my mind but I would like to double check.

so say I have bought a Technomate tm600 and have it sat right infront of me. The first thing I need to do is flash it with
an image (the latest UR TM600 image).
So for this all I need is a standard Ethernet cable, no need for the null modem cable?
then I press and hold the power button on the front and then turn the power on and wait 30 seconds, then I should see the box's IP address.

I then enter the IP address into my web browser and select update and browse to the UR image file and let it flash it.

I then go through the setup wizard, I need no diseqc setup then choose the satellite astra 2 @ 28.2E as I only have a sly mini dish (will be getting a motor dish soon).
I then save and flollow the instructions untill it asks me the type of scan you want to do, then I press exit 4 times.
I then press the blue button twice, highlight download settings, I want fixed dish, astra 2, and press ok to install.

Thanks goes to digidude for the info above, its copy and paste from:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/225473/

There is a second part to my question but im gonna use PM for that so if you recieve one from me please answer it:mad:)

Shifty.

Last edited by a moderator:
the answer to all the above, is basicly yes m8, except the clones bit, there are no clones of TM receivers

you have to be a member for a couple of days before PMs auto activate ;)

the answer to all the above, is basicly yes m8, except the clones bit, there are no clones of TM receivers

you have to be a member for a couple of days before PMs auto activate ;)

Cool, thanks for replying and answering my questions.

I am in no rush for the pm's, gives me more time to research and to order the box.

Hi there, I am successfully using a TM600 and have had no real problems with it. If it helps, I located mine via Amazon and got it for £67 - a bargain !!!!

nice find at £67 i have ordered mine for £87 off of Ebay, just waiting on City-Link to bring it to me.

Well enjoy it when it arrives, I have certainly learned a lot since I got mine !!!

Well enjoy it when it arrives, I have certainly learned a lot since I got mine !!!

Cheers buddy, it should have been with me two days ago but fecking weather has brought City-Link to a near stand still, Well thats what they tell me.

They said they are going to try and get it to me by tomorrow but im not expecting them to.

Cheers buddy, it should have been with me two days ago but fecking weather has brought City-Link to a near stand still, Well thats what they tell me.

They said they are going to try and get it to me by tomorrow but im not expecting them to.

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any problems setting it up, I think I have encountered and overcome most of the challenges this box has to throw you so I should be able to keep you going !! :proud:

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any problems setting it up, I think I have encountered and overcome most of the challenges this box has to throw you so I should be able to keep you going !! :proud:

thanks pal, I borrowed a tm500 the other day and had a quick blast on one, i think they are the same as the tm600 apart from the Pvr function (correct me if im wrong).

I flashed it with the latest UR image and all went well but i didn't try any C/S on it, im waiting on my own box coming before i start that.

One question, if you still have so much to learn, then how can you be sure you really want the TM600 and not a Dreambox?:err:

One question, if you still have so much to learn, then how can you be sure you really want the TM600 and not a Dreambox?:err:

I'm like a kid, i heard about what you could do with these box's and wanted one straight away.
I only had a £100 budget and the tm600 seemed to be the best box for the £, and also didn't want to get the dm500 as i could only find a clone version.

Not knocking a clone, i just didn't want one as my first box.

thanks pal, I borrowed a tm500 the other day and had a quick blast on one, i think they are the same as the tm600 apart from the Pvr function (correct me if im wrong).

I flashed it with the latest UR image and all went well but i didn't try any C/S on it, im waiting on my own box coming before i start that.

You are right, the 500 is just a 600 without PVR which is not all that good anyway, very limited !!
If you can setup a 500 then a 600 is the same and should be a doddle

I'm like a kid, i heard about what you could do with these box's and wanted one straight away.
I only had a £100 budget and the tm600 seemed to be the best box for the £, and also didn't want to get the dm500 as i could only find a clone version.

Not knocking a clone, i just didn't want one as my first box.

I'm with you on that one mate, I have installed 2 DM500 clones for mates wanting a share of my card and I am now recommending the TM500 in terms of value for money and ease of use, particulary from the installers point of view !!

learning wise, theyre identical m8

enigma based linux software, all the dreambox plugins work as well

ive compared, side by side, an original DM500, a clone DM500 and a TM500, as well as an original DM600 and a TM600, and the only thing the DM is better at (at time of posting) is that when you record on the DM600, you can also turn over to another channel on the same transponder

these tests were done when the TM boxes were new out, so the software may have been sorted out to overcome this limitation

What like is the original TM software on them mate?

the same as the original image on a brand new (original) dreambox m8, basic enigma1 image

I Finally got My tm600 through post and spent most of the day setting it up.

got to say I'm impressed so far, I don't think the tm600 comes with a mini-web when it comes with the standard image already installed but i used the TM Linux Loader to flash it with the UR image. Then could access the mini-web.

I find it good that i can stream TV to different computers around my home, I'm still about half way through the manual.

I just wanted to say thanks to Digidude and mannachie for their help and to everyone who has posted important posts that i could read and learn from.

Back