Death crash footballer is jailed

Well my argument would be that we should be giving people much harsher penalties for drink driving, ie 3 or 4 years for drink driving (which was my initial point).

Hang on a minute.
You guys are focusing on the outcome rather than the action.

The guy drove drunk (the result was an appauling accident), the question should really be that should we give harsher sentences to people who drink and drive (regardless of the outcome).
Absolutely

I'm sure there are many people here, and i'm sure you all know of many more who have driven whilst drunk (i'm not condoning it), would you argue that each of those individuals should be imprisoned for a long time for their actions, if so then you are entitled to your opinion, if not then you are calling for this guys head for being unfortunate.

No m8 he wasn't unfortunate he was reckless and would not take the advice offered to him to stop.

I believe that he should be punished for his actions, which were driving 2 times over the limit (that was his mistake).
And speeding and reckless driving and causing the death of 2 young kids. If he had not been drunk would he have walked free then ???

I kind of feel that 7-years is a long time as it is quite obvious he is full of remorse for what had happened. It's not like he was a hit and run driver or would be likely to re-offend.
Whatever the sentence, it wouldn't have brought back the 2 kids and I don't think any sentence could satisfy the family in those circumstances.
7 years....he will probably do less than 4. Who says he wont re-offend, maybe he wont be able to cope with killing those kids and maybe he will hit the bottle.

This guy does not deserve to have a licence, he does not deserve a cushy time in prison, he certainly does not deserve any sympathy and I hope he has nightmares for the rest of his life.

I'm gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

Viva la revolution, long live the mob.

its easy to be judgemental in situations like this.
I was done many years ago for drink driving .I was glad i got caught as it taught me a lesson and i never hurt anyone .
This guy broke the law and has been punished fairly in my opinion.
What good would it serve keeping him in longer?
His life as he knew it is over ,he will never be involved in pro football and he has to live with the fact that his stupidity has caused 2 people to die ,i cant think of a worse punishment that that in itself

I was done many years ago for drink driving .I was glad i got caught as it taught me a lesson and i never hurt anyone .
His life as he knew it is over ,he will never be involved in pro football and he has to live with the fact that his stupidity has caused 2 people to die ,i cant think of a worse punishment that that in itself

Couldn't agree more.

Because he will be out in 4 years and the family will never see their sons again, he deserves a stronger sentence, his life is over as a pro footballer...I am sure that will not really help that family deal with it.

I wonder if it had been his kids would he have accepted the punishment given to the person that killed his sons. I would say he would have been as gutted as the parents who's lives he has distroyed.

So if a drink driver kills a loved one of yours (God forbid it does not happen) you can pat him on the shoulder and say never mind m8 these things happen.FFS.

Your not talking about punishment, this is just eye for an eye. Thankfully we've moved on from that.

So if a drink driver kills a loved one of yours (God forbid it does not happen) you can pat him on the shoulder and say never mind m8 these things happen.

Not at all, i'd probably want to kill em. Doesn't make me right though.

Your not talking about punishment, this is just eye for an eye. Thankfully we've moved on from that.

I dont see anywhere that says he should be killed, so eye for an eye is not a valid argument m8.

My own opinion is the sentence is too light, have you any idea what this does to a family, they will not be able to put this behind them when he walks free from jail in only 4 years.

Yes and look at the state of the world,not very safe is it?

The world is a very very dangerous place.
The UK in comparison is a very very safe place.

By the way, the world has never been a safe place!!! EVER!!!!

Yeah can`t let your kids out incase they get shot or stabbed,yeah very safe m8
The world is a very very dangerous place.
The UK in comparison is a very very safe place.

By the way, the world has never been a safe place!!! EVER!!!!

Stevie look at it another the punishment or the threat of the punishment surely acts as a deterrent. If it does then ultimately it saves lives.
No point saying the guy feels really bad that he waisted a family is punishment enough.

I dont see anywhere that says he should be killed, so eye for an eye is not a valid argument m8.

My own opinion is the sentence is too light, have you any idea what this does to a family, they will not be able to put this behind them when he walks free from jail in only 4 years.

Eye for an Eye wasn't meant to be taken to its full literary extent (as you know).
What this has done to the family is no different to what any other tragic preventable accident would do to the family, but they have an obvious finger they can point here (and rightly). If he walks in 4 years then he will have spent 4 years in jail for making the mistake of drink driving.

Eye for an Eye wasn't meant to be taken to its full literary extent (as you know).
What this has done to the family is no different to what any other tragic preventable accident would do to the family, but they have an obvious finger they can point here (and rightly). If he walks in 4 years then he will have spent 4 years in jail for making the mistake of drink driving.

Stevie you know as well as I do that even though he will do 4 years it will not be 4 years hard labour, he will have 4 years to reflect on what he has done then he is free whilst the family will still be putting flowers on their sons graves.

It just doesnt seem fair to me, no sentence will ever heal their wounds but as stated before, if it was a longer sentence it just may prevent another idiot from making the same mistake and putting some other famly through the wringer.

He was drunk, had no insurance and was speeding, to me that's murder.
The cnut should do the honorable thing and hang himself

He was drunk, had no insurance and was speeding, to me that's murder.
The cnut should do the honorable thing and hang himself

You are aware you will probably get flack for that comment, but then whats new you can handle it....you certainly wont get any flack from me for posting that. I would lose no sleep if it was reported he did the honourable thing. I hate drunk drivers.

At the end of the day Everyone knows if you drink and drive the outcome could be deadly has in this example... He's killed two kids And ruined a family imho He's got off lightly.

I wonder if he would of drink and drive if this was somewhere like china??
Doubt It...

I think loads of people do it has they know the punishment doesnt fit the crime.

Last edited:
Back