dear customer of bt openworld

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear Customer,

MAINTAINING OUR HIGH QUALITY OF SERVICE
We’re making some changes to your service in order to maintain the quality and reliability of internet connection for all our users*.

HOW WE’RE DOING THIS
We’re changing our Terms & Conditions and introducing a monthly** usage quota of 150 hours’ internet access. This works out at an average of five hours a day, every day. Based on your recent usage this is a lot more than you’re likely to need.

WHY WE’RE DOING THIS
There are some customers who keep their computers connected to the internet for long periods of time. This affects the level of service everyone else receives across your network, and isn’t fair on you and others. Levelling the playing field with a fair and reasonable usage level for all will help us give everyone a reliable quality of service.

Did you get that in the post or Email Damage as I am more than slightly peeved at that :mad: :mad:

They will not be recieving any money off me if I recieve notification of this monthly usage quota, their service is shaky at best anyway. :mad:

I am wondering whether this is a regional thing but still find it

disgusting

Hmmm, nothing too unsavoury lurking in my inbox yet apart from billing notices. I can't find anything on the website either, they're probably keeping it quiet.

There are probably workarounds that could be used such as "business" options.

I have this machine connected for more then five hours a day as I like to enhance my software collection...With Linux packages of course ;)

Outrageous :mad:

Didn't see your link there, hold on a sec...Is this dial-up 56k connections that are being affected and not broadband ?

I was starting to sweat there and was nearly on the fone to a complaints desk. :eek:

not the broadband as far as i know but who knows if that could be next this is £15.99 a month and was 24 hour and now its just down to 5 hours

I can see where that is going to be a pain :(

Apparently if you go beyond 150 hours you will get charged per minute, I wonder how many people don't realise and leave getright to re-connect every two hours.

dear bt re your e-mail-----

Hi damage,
I got this missive while I was still on 56k --twice-- but they very helpfully suggested to me that the amount of time I was logged on would perhaps be worth my time considering changing to broadband as I appear to be making a lot of use of the internet-----.
My first reaction was to tell them to st&^%^& it but as I was already thinking about changing anyway I decided to switch over
however--- thats not the end of the tale as-- I have now found out that if you are on Broadband 24hrs at a time they are actually disconnecting you if demand is very busy-- and yes they admitted it when I rang them up.
apparently its the old story-- to many customers --.
Cheers big-arth.:mad: :mad: :confused:

From what ive read in the past and now BT are s*it,ive never had the pleasure of using them and im so glad i havent.....ive just had telewest broadband fitted and its the dogs bo**ocks.....its about time every BT customer switched that will scare the cr*p out of em,we definately have a better choice now...........zooropa;)

felt the need to add my pennyworth here.. I had bt broadband for over a year and the service was spot on.. i have now changed to ntl broadband because they offered me a broadband/phone/sky package that was too good to resist.,..

anyway i dont have a bad word to say about either bt broadband or ntl... i have been extremely happy with both companies service... if anything i would go for ntl as they have just increased the bandwidth to 600k... which gives you a big increase in download speeds... I now regurlarly get 125k a sec download and I am very happy with that!!!

And I work for BT... enough said!!!!

if i may add my comments
i also had bt broad band for 15 mths ok the service for most was ok but the servce went down hill very quickley at the latter 2 mths they started reseting my conection and with the service being an all ways on connection i was slightly pi**ed off with them i was constantly on the help line to them in the end i left and went with telewest whos service up to now has been perfect on 24/7 now with no problems

and i may add about bt i recieved a end of contract phone bill with calls to there help line for £17
at least the help line with cable(telewest ) is free if i ever need it so

bt in my opinion are crap and i would recomend anybody to leave as quick as possible

Back