Deaf Signing on TV Programmes

just realised done more post here than ever :proud:

just realised what im tryin to say the language is visual rather the written an expression means a thousand words
there are technology advances but with all tech it's limited

yes but it gives more options and options are a good thing

yep more options is better
and yep

don't post as don't like me spellin been ashamed of it all me life as words i would like to use i can say easy but can not spell very frustraiting

Goodness! Now they'll be "forced" into buying adapted TV sets, set top boxes and even *gasp* computers! lol.
Isn't that discriminatory?

(j/k m8, don't worry ;) but you see my point. You have to get on to get on. That's life.)

I know what you mean but we are blinkered by our limited view of life. You know it's tougher for some to get on then it is for others. We all adapt to our own life circumstances and deal with them in the best way we can.

yep more options is better
and yep

don't post as don't like me spellin been ashamed of it all me life as words i would like to use i can say easy but can not spell very frustraiting

Nobody knows you from Adam, here so why be ashamed - keep posting. I noticed you're spelling got better as you made more posts.

and can't find spell check

Hit quote mate and look to the top right for the blue tick = spell checker

Nowt to be ashamed of, my missus can't spell for toffee mate but I still been with her for more than 30yrs, we'll decode what you mean and if anyone takes the mick, report them

Muskrat

i do find that on this site people tend to have open minds when they start a rant and quite often change there minds or come to mutual agreement seen some funny rants tho:Cheers:

i do find that on this site people tend to have open minds when they start a rant and quite often change there minds or come to mutual agreement seen some funny rants tho:Cheers:

Have seen some nasty rants as well with threats, fooking "keyboard warriors", was watching this thread coz my brother-in law is deaf/mute (don't like the other saying), I find the signing mesmerising but the last time I had to sign it was spelling out the words, modern sign language is so much more expressive but the signing misses out quite a lot of whats actually being said.

Have seen some nasty rants as well with threats, fooking "keyboard warriors", was watching this thread coz my brother-in law is deaf/mute (don't like the other saying), I find the signing mesmerising but the last time I had to sign it was spelling out the words, modern sign language is so much more expressive but the signing misses out quite a lot of whats actually being said.

old BSL was slow and clumbersum there have been alot of improvment in sign to shorten sentecses with new signs but you also have regenal accents the same word can have diffrent signs all over the country

old BSL was slow and clumbersum there have been alot of improvment in sign to shorten sentecses with new signs but you also have regenal accents the same word can have diffrent signs all over the country

Yeah, got to agree with you there mate, it was slow and bloody hard work, from watching the modern signers, facial expressions now look as though they pay a large part in conveying meanings.

I didn't know about regional sign language "accents", see you learn something new everyday

Muskrat

Yeah, got to agree with you there mate, it was slow and bloody hard work, from watching the modern signers, expressions now look as though they pay a large part in conveying meanings.

I didn't know about regional sign language "accents", see you learn something new everyday

Muskrat

expressions now can replace signs it's hard to explain on here but a facail expression can free hands to put more infomation across so less is missed out you also have one handed sign as well as two handed there is loads to this i wish a lot more was put forward by authoritsy funding and stuff as forign people have more interproters than english deaf people

regional sign language "accents" are important as our accents so you can tell where someone come from just the same as i'm pround of my scouse accent as you are of your accent

expressions now can replace signs it's hard to explain on here but a facail expression can free hands to put more infomation across so less is missed out you also have one handed sign as well as two handed there is loads to this i wish a lot more was put forward by authoritsy funding and stuff as forign people have more interproters than english deaf people

regional sign language "accents" are important as our accents so you can tell where someone come from just the same as i'm pround of my scouse accent as you are of your accent

I know exactly what you mean about facial expressions, a look can convey many things.

EDIT. I know a look can convey many things, just looking at the missus tells me that I'm a tw@ and many other things :roflmao:

Muskrat

I know exactly what you mean about facial expressions, a look can convey many things.

EDIT. I know a look can convey many things, just looking at the missus tells me that I'm a tw@ and many other things :roflmao:

Muskrat

:Laugh: especily when ya come home lookin like this :drunk:

Back