Dead skybox f3

richmond

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
My sky box did a single satllite sarch then froze,
Unable to Exit had to switch off,
Now the box will not switch on, no lights on front panel.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Hi mate ive found this for you , it works You need a null modem connection. Mine worked on a USB to 9 pin adaptor but some dont, best to use a PC with a dedicated 9 Pin socket

Just unzip the file, Open the folder, then open EromUpgrade.exe.

Make sure box is switched off, then select your port, select your firmware image and tick the checkbox for include bootloader.

Press next, then switch on your box and follow the on screen procedures

Attachments

• erom_upgrade_8Mflash.rar
    221.6 KB · Views: 96
HI
I downloaded the file checked the com in device manager and set com clicked on ABS file and then all files but still get wrong file.

Hi mate ive found this for you , it works You need a null modem connection. Mine worked on a USB to 9 pin adaptor but some dont, best to use a PC with a dedicated 9 Pin socket

Just unzip the file, Open the folder, then open EromUpgrade.exe.

Make sure box is switched off, then select your port, select your firmware image and tick the checkbox for include bootloader.

Press next, then switch on your box and follow the on screen procedures

Hello Biffo, is the file you posted already unzipped or do i have to unzip it.

hi mate i should have checked before posting, bloody this is in a folder, in a folder, in a folder, here it is , just unrar and its in 1 folder

Attachments

• erom_upgrade_8Mflash.rar
    221 KB · Views: 82
HI
I downloaded the file checked the com in device manager and set com clicked on ABS file and then all files but still get wrong file.

Hi Biffo
Is the file faulty as I've redownloaded the file and still get WRONG FILE and I have tried all files with no luck

hi mate
instrucstions
first go to device manager check which port your rs232 is on
then select corosponding port on the program
press upgrade and search pc for the skybox f3 abs
leave parity has even and
bis rate 115200 tick bootloader include
press next make sure the f3 is turned off at the back
when you have pressed next turn box on at the back you will see com port ok
the loader should start loading slowly
if not keep turning the box at the back of and press next then turn reciever on just keep trying till it evently loads
it did take me 4 attenpts before mine connected
and walla all done follow instrustions

Hi M8
I have followed to instuctions
But I still wrong file when I click on next for the flies Eromclient.ABS or Eromclient M3606.ABS
And the box is turned off
I am usin my laptop with USB to RS232

C J

Hi M8
I have followed to instuctions
But I still wrong file when I click on next for the flies Eromclient.ABS or Eromclient M3606.ABS
And the box is turned off
I am using my laptop with USB to RS232
C J
those are the loader support files.
you have to load firmware for your receiver,gotten elsewhere

those are the loader support files.
you have to load firmware for your receiver,gotten elsewhere

Yes but how do you load firmware if there is no life or lights on the front of the box
Or shall I bin the box and get another one?

i would keep such junk. you never know what part you may require to fix another box in the future.....

Ok lets try some simple questions :

Are you using a shaver adapter to convert from two pin mains plug to 3 pin? these handy little units are useless for satellite receivers as they normally have a fuse rated at 1 amp and these pop even if you look at them wrong!! Your receiver might only draw say 20~40 watts but the switch on surge will pop a 1 amp fuse, if you are using one of these then get rid of it and fit a proper 3 pin mains plug fused at 3 amp.

If there is no guarantee on your receiver you could take the lid off and check all the connectors are firmly pushed down note the receiver MUST be unplugged from the mains before you remove the lid.

Yes but how do you load firmware if there is no life or lights on the front of the box
Or shall I bin the box and get another one?

the ali processor (at least the old ones) had built-in code to keep the rs232 port able to receive even if the flash was corrupt.So the box may be completely black but the loader will still load.I don't have an F3 so I can't verify that.

hi mate i should have checked before posting, bloody this is in a folder, in a folder, in a folder, here it is , just unrar and its in 1 folder

I downloaded this file and then used the Scooby Snack Firmware Via my laptop and Hey Presto LIFE came back and the box is working aain.
Many thanks for info Biffo

I downloaded this file and then used the Scooby Snack Firmware Via my laptop and Hey Presto LIFE came back and the box is working aain.
Many thanks for info Biffo

nice 1 m8 .....................

Back