Dboxes only showing FTA in Glasgow

I'm sure some no-mark VM employee is sat reading this board having a chuckle :(

I'm also sure that their smug smiles will be wiped off their faces before long too! :)

I altered my keys last night and again this morning to suit the new keychange..

I only had:-

N 5C01 01 **************** ;ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 00:15:22 2008
N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM11 AU Key Time Tue Apr 8 23:13:03 2008

In my keylist.txt file this morning...I have disabled the "write" properties on the file and enabled the "read" and "execute" as prompted earlier in the thread. But....

I now have:-

N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 15:31:17 2008
N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 15:31:05 2008
N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 15:30:57 2008
N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 15:30:45 2008
N 5C01 01 **************** ;ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 00:15:22 2008
N 5C01 00 **************** ;ROM11 AU Key Time Tue Apr 8 23:13:03 2008

And its just gone of this second! (The B******s!)

same here in southampton mate B******s lol
lasted about an hour

This is taken from the tech watch website:

Virgin Media have applied a code update which has crippled cable boxes across the country which were used for receiving cable TV illegally.

Cable boxes affected include the Eurovox, Nokia Dbox, Starview and Kryptview.

Users receiving cable TV illegally receive the error message “Please wait…code been updated” and no channels can be accessed.

According to industry analyst Ian Waller, “The change is causing false keys to be recorded on a ROM7 update, usually only 1 or 2 characters are wrong, this has been happening on ROM10 and ROM11 updates for the last year. A genuine card can handle the change, an emulator can not.”

Virgin Media applied a similar change around a year ago, and it took almost a week for firmware updates for chipped boxes to keep pace.

However, from reports coming in the changes by virgin may not be a simple one off event, but instead being applied on a daily basis.

Although updates are available on the internet which try to keep track of the changes, if the code changes are being implemented on a daily basis this could make it very difficult for firmware updates to keep track.

The result would be a victory for Virgin in their battle against cable piracy, and an end to the widespread use of cable boxes for receiving free cable TV.

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/04/09/vi...es-cable-boxes/

I take it todays new keys...dont work ??...hard to keep track at work lol

why dont they just switch over to a different encryption instead of being nubz about it

why dont they concentrate on cloned modems for example

tw edinburgh keys please?

hi all trying to get me box working all day i am in tw edinburgh. please can someone send me some keys please. cos i've put in some and no joy still.

thanks graeme

why dont they just switch over to a different encryption instead of being nubz about it

why dont they concentrate on cloned modems for example

My thoughts exactly...
it apparently costs them a small fortune to keep rolling the keys too,....
I hope they dont put my broadband bill up to cover the cost of there shite keyroll operation !!!
That would be a kick in the GONADS !!!!!

lets just hope a boffin can fix it sooner than later

Not working for me this time ratchet, fancy pming me and let me know how you are workig out your noew codes..

Back