A Dbox1 can decode the channels just the same as the Dbox2, it just takes a little extra effort to set it up, but it CAN be done, really depends on how technically minded you are, if you are up to a challenge and want to learn about Nagravision and Linux then get the Dbox1
A few members have pmed me about getting a dbox1 to work. I sort of cobbled together this short tut for them. Maybe somebody else will find it useful.
1) A DBOX1 with the cable tuner.
2) The Dr Jamal 2003 firmware loaded
3) The Irdeto cam patched with anon 5.4
4) Any old version 4.3 6in1 flash and external EEP
5) ISVEdit for adding keys to the 6in1 external EEP file
6) dvbedit for downloadin and uploading channel listings to/from the DBOX1
Getting a working card
First of all you need to get the fun 6in1 hex version Flash4.3 (not 4.4 as it doesn't work so well) and any old EEP (external eeprom file) for 6in1 (one should come with the zip file). Do a search for xamuh or jettyboy 6in1 and you should get some hits. You also need the ISVEdit editor which you can get from google too.
1) Load the EEP hex into ISVEdit
2) Select Editor, then select the Nagra tab.
3) Check the boxes next to Provider 1, key 0 AND key 1. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO THIS
4) Enter the current keys for your area into the Provider 1 key 0 and Key 1 boxes.
5) Click the Write To Memory button.
6) Click close
7) Save the hex file
Program a funcard with the Flash4.3 into the flash and the EEP file into the EXTERNAL eeprom. If you don't know how to do this then you won't get far I'm afraid.
You should now have a good 6in1 file to use in your dbox 1. Stick the card into it and leave it.
Finding/Getting the channels
1) You need to go into the tuner menu and do a search on each transponder frequency (There should be a services.xml file for the dbox2 that you can pick up the freqs and symbol rates for your area from. Simply enter the freq and symbol rate then hit 9 (search)
NB: Only the first 4 digits of the freq are entered i.e. 579.25MHz should be entered as 5792
2) Add any channels found on each frequency to the channel line up
3) Once you have searched all the transponders, save the channel list using dvbedit and a null modem lead to your PC. You can find dvbedit via google.
4) For each and every scrambled channel you need to do the following
a) Change to the channel
b) You now need to manually tell the DBOX1 to use the nagra EMM (1800) on each and every scrambled channel
When on the selected channel, go into the jamal menu to do an emm & ecm search. (Menu (blue) - C (Red) then 0, then 1 to select the emm - ecm pair.
Note that FTA channels do not need this and will give an error when you do an emm & ecm search, just leave the FTA as is and skip to the next channel.
c) You now need to replace the old channel with this new EMM one - Go to (Menu (blue) - 7 (PIDS) - A (YELLOW) - 3 (REPLACE)
(The reason you have to do this is that you cannot set (AFAIK) the jamal software to autodetect nagra EMMs (1800) it will only auto detect irdeto (0602) thus you have to force it to decode nagra EMM manually for each channel (total bummer)
5) Once you have done this for every scrambled channel download the list again using dvbedit and the null modem lead.
(You can then use this file for any other dbox that you want to use without going through this tortuous process again)
6) Rearrange your channel list on the PC using DVBedit then send it back to the dbox.
7) You should now have free tv!
Hopefully some members with old DBOX1s will find this useful.
Instructions for 9600 users only!:
1. upload dvb2000 firmware to nokia (DVB1848K.bin)
2. Use either Dvbmem.exe or Vgrabber 7.7 to upload the subroutine file. (DVBK87.sbr)
3. use * Fun or Ds9 card
4. Make sure following are set within the channel lsitings PMT=Auto and PID's=Auto or you can manually set them via the "Pids menu" in dvbk.
NB. For those who donot have scsi connection, you can upload sbr files now via serial port using DVBmem.exe.
* Xamuh's and Satkoos file works very well with 6in1 cards
Upgrade Nokia software to DVBK.
First make sure that ur baudRate is set correctly in dvb2000.
On ur remote handset press following buttons:-
Guide(blue button)-->9"Expert Menu"-->A(Yellow)"General Setup"-->6 Com:38400 Baud And press OK to store
Make sure it is set to 38400, if it is not then press 6, this toggles through different baudrates.
Now check baudrate matches with DVBEdit software.. Open dvbedit-->File-->Preferances-->serialsetting-->speed-->38400
* Also set ur Comport here, depending on which serialport u wish to use Com1 or Com2.
Now we are ready to start:-
1. upload dvb2000 firmware to nokia (DVB1848K.bin) using DVBedit.
Open DVBedit -->serial-->Upgradefirmware-->"here find the folder where u stored the download file "DVB1848K.bin"
2. Upload the subroutine file. (DVBK90.sbr) using DVBedit
Open DVBedit -->serial-->Send subroutine-->"here find the folder where u stored the download file "DVBK90.sbr"
3. Program your Funcard with Xamuhs file
I shouldn't be doing this but since you stuck, i'll help you out. Download the attached file for fun 6in1 for nokia (Thanx Xamuh). There are two types of file one with new CoCo string and the other with old CoCo for nokia both work fine. I suggest you try the new CoCo file first.
If you get a black screen then do the following, press EXIT (B) on remote handset, should get KReaToR menu, if you look at the bottom of the menu you will see ECM/Sys ID values for the channel, just remember the Sys ID and press EXIT (B) again and then scroll down until you see the SYS ID which you saw on the previous menu for that channel and press OK..hopefully it should clear the picture. (Nb..this is only done when channels are broadcasting using simulcrypt seca or viaccess i.e ABSAT..with good funcard file you shouldn't need to do this)
How is calcul CRC.
On start CRC=3F(Hex) and every byte is xoring with CRC to last byte and last is send CRC;
We would like send
01 55 10 01 01 00 (CRC)
CRC=3f xor 01 xor 55 xor 10 xor 01 xor 01 xor 00
We must send
01 55 10 01 01 00 7B
Dbox1 as it simply doesn't have enough memory to run the software, DVB2000 is the software for Dbox1, AFAIK it is the only software available for it, modifying a Dbox1 from a virgin state is not an easy task, AFAIK you have to remove chips and reprogram them in special programmers etc, I'm not too sure, but the bottom line is stay away from Dbox1's.
The main precondition is a cam modul converted to amon.
Convertion means replacing the eprom chip with a new chip programmed with the amon software. The original chip is only one time programmable.
A ready made amon cam modul cost about 20 Euro.
One of the following moduls are useable for convertion.