I have a Dbox2 when i switch it on i the lCD screen comes on but no info
also the grenn light comes on and stay on

have tried IFA with cross over no luck

any ideas

any ideas

It's very likely that this box is fooked as it is showing classic signs of having been flashed with the wrong bootloader.

so its FUBARed then time for the Bin ............

is the no way of saving it ..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont give up just yet, try IFA with the null modem cable connected as well. As Rod says try different versions of IFA, I have never been let down by 1.56 . I have recovered from the same position before. If that fails there is always the option of flashing using only the null modem cable and hyperterminal, but i have never had to do that myself. There used to be a tut for it in downloads so mabye some one can help you out if you need it.

thebigman

Here's the guide for flashing using HyperTerminal

Only had to do it once, took an age, but got the box back up and running.

Many Thanks for the assistance but it looks like the dbox is screwed

ive tried varioues versions of IFA, have bought a new null modem cable incase it was that and have tried to connect using just hyper terminal.
when pressing the up key on the front at switch on the LCD shows nothing.

no matter what I do or press the LCD is always blank and the Green LED is always on.....

so the Dbox is dead ........

fires up @bay to buy another one.

many thanks again for those that tried in vain to safe the little box but it died of its injuries overnight

it is screwed m8 - bootloader has been messed with, did you do a remote flash before the incident? It is however possible to reprogram the chip using a programmer but it really is the devils work and I cant figure it out.

or it might be a case of lifting the lid off and re-seating the ribbon cables where they connect into the motherboard. With the power plug removed from the mains 230vAC, of course! And give it a good dusting-out while you're in there, plus remove the modem card... Cheers- AL

it is screwed m8 - bootloader has been messed with, did you do a remote flash before the incident? It is however possible to reprogram the chip using a programmer but it really is the devils work and I cant figure it out.

Is there any sort of guide for this?

any ideas

try booting from pc hdd with a yadd, null modem cable required.....

same problem

dbox powers up. lcd lights up green with no text at all on the display. will not communicate with IFA or via hyperterminal

It irks me big time to say it, but the box is shagged............buy a new one !!

All the best

sorry mate I tried to edit............

If you are saying you have two boxes but one only shows the green light on LCD and nothing else, it's most likely that it is shagged.

sorry mate I tried to edit............

If you are saying you have two boxes but one only shows the green light on LCD and nothing else, it's most likely that it is shagged.

yeah, I know mate

I'm not expecting much, but I like messing about with stuff like this

a couple of folk mentioned other things to try, a YADD and someone mentioned reprogramming the chip using a programmer

I'm just seeing if these are viable options or not, just to see if I can get it working or not. It's only to see if i can manage it

Back