Dbox has started Chirping

Zoom7000

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Dbox has started chirping pretty badly as of late. I'm getting chirping across the board including the FTA channels. Some channels are unaffected, but it's mainly FTA, E4, Bravo, SS2, UKTV, that have pretty bad chirping. I'm running Andromeda 2.0, taken out all of my splitters and running direct from feed, could my box be getting faulty? Is there anyway to check?

I take it you've got a Sagem box.

Did you download and flash the Sagem specific version of Andromeda V2 ?
Are you running the gbox EMU ?
Have you tried different ucodes in combo with gbox ?

If your answer is yes to these questions try another image. My mate has a chirpy Sagem and the image that sorted him was Blade Trinity Final Sagem Updated.

Hope you get this annoying problem fixed m8.

All the best

Sorry, forgot to mention, surprisingly enough, I've got a Nokia Dbox 2x. I'm running Gbox, it gets worse with the other cams.

Will a signal booster help? My subbed box works fine.

Hmm, very strange, a chirping nokia !!!!

Check your SIG, SNR and BER readings via the red button menu and post so the experts can advise.

Personally I would try flashing another image in the meantime - nothing lost in trying that !!

Here are my readings:

Top - Max
Bottom - Min

BER

SNR
58594 (Constantly moving up and down)

SIG

Here are my readings:

Top - Max
Bottom - Min

BER

SNR
58594 (Constantly moving up and down)

SIG

Sorry m8, I meant to say earlier get the readings from a chirpy channel !!

are these readings from a chirpy cannel ?????

Your BER readings look way too high, they should be as low as possible maybe even 0.

I've always had these figures. Across all channels, working or not. Infact, E4 is working superbly right now and my figures for BER at max are into 440000! I'm connected directly into the feed. I unscrewed the brown VM box outside and checked the connections in there. All fine. All the cables coming into my house are brand new all crimped by the VM engineer (who was a right rude muppet, but thats another story!) but they all seem fine. I might try what PaphosAL said in post #10 because my connector on the Dbox does seem a little loose connecting to the cable.

SNR is really too low ive seen boxs working fine at those readings but really you want snr above 60000

I had the same problem with Andromeda 2 on my Nokia 2x dBox2.

Just got rid if the problem by restoring my box back to Commando 6 (my last working image) using IFA and then I had to re-flash AGAIN using the dBox image update menu after I FTP'd the old Commando 6 image to the box.

Hope this helps get rid of the chirping although it doesn't help fix the Andromeda 2 image (if this is where the problem is).

Back