Db800hd no Tuner A found

Hi

Just thought I would give an update I received another Tuner which arrived broken so had to send back . Yesterday received a replacement which did not work at all the DB would not boot up at all so have sent that Tuner back to be refunded.

I have now contacted the company I purchased from and returned the box to China which they requested I do.

Fingers crossed I get a replacement but not holding my breath !

Santbri

Did you get your box sorted with a replacement. I was just reading as a newbie and wanted to know the latest. It was just interesting reading.

Regards

I have the same problem.
May be ,is due to the power supply.Not in function 100%.but still powering up the box.
Tomorrow il will test it....

Last edited:
NO....change power supply with new one ,but nothing happen...

Seams that all we need are "DM800SE Clone 2.1 patched-DVB-Modules"
Where can we find
-the patched drivers for the 800se 2.1 clone??
-the patched OR THE ORIGINAL drivers for the BCM4505 tuner????

Heyy... I have the same problem, I re flashed my dreambox nemesis 2.4 ssl84b, after then I lost the service searching, I tried another image like black hole, but is still problem

Heyy... I have the same problem, I re flashed my dreambox nemesis 2.4 ssl84b, after then I lost the service searching, I tried another image like black hole, but is still problem

Start box in **STOP** mode, flash only SSL84b bootloader, then reboot back into **STOP** mode, DO NOT let the box fully reboot. Then re-flash image, DO NOT reboot, flash SSL84b again. Then reboot the box.

Start box in **STOP** mode, flash only SSL84b bootloader, then reboot back into **STOP** mode, DO NOT let the box fully reboot. Then re-flash image, DO NOT reboot, flash SSL84b again. Then reboot the box.

This thread stopped here. I have the same issue. Can I assume that this is the fix?

This thread stopped here. I have the same issue. Can I assume that this is the fix?

If service searching is missing along with a empty tuner slot there are only 2 reasons

1st is you have a clone and its using original drivers, just flash a prepatched clone image to rectify that.

2nd reason is the tuner is loose in it slot or faulty.

If its just a empty tuner the above can fix it,it sometimes happens if you have a mismatch in bootloaders/ssl

Yep but when in doubt..flash..
When i faced this problem and boy it was one of many i had no tuner found the way i solved it was to flash dreambox uk.2.1.2 image it sorted everything.

There you go m8 three possible solutions to your problem,no wonder people like it here :)

There was a post on the Ferrari forum, where Johnny Burpp has a thread involving inserting a card in the tuner slot to clean the contacts. I improvised, used WD40 and inserted the tuner a few times. Has been fine for a long time.

Wiz569 & AJT,

Thanks for the advice the below found the tuner.
1. Flashed new BL
2. Flashed new image
3. Flashed new BL

Currently 72% through service search....ever so relieved the box/tuner isn't a dud. Next step insert HDD and build PVR. Thanks again guys you support is much appreciated.

Back