db500s already flash with PLi image, so where i have to put cccam & oscam

tester2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i need your help, i already flash my db500s with pli-Jade3-dm500-maxvar-20090627-6494 image. So i like to know where i have to put cccam2.3.0 & oscam files in the Box. to get this box up & running.

please let me know,

thanks for your replies.

If you search through this section you will find an image already configured for you,apart from your "special" details,

If that dont suit then you will also find lots of posts explaining exactly how to do what you are asking :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are a few posts on how to install OScam and CCcam as well as a guide to CS although you cannot be too specific about providers. Have a search/read around the forum. I also find doing an internet search is better than just using the search function on the forum. For arguments sake, on google type in digitalworldz install Oscam.

We also have a section for introductions, feel free to say hello in there too.

Last edited:
thanks for your replies guys.

i am reading the other threads also, but i did not find any thread which will have PLi Maxwar image, on this how to do cccam & oscam. at this place i am confuse.

i already downloaded dcc, dreamboxedit etc. just need some help where i have to put cccam & oscam.

i saw other users using comando or openpli images etc. but i just like PLi maxwar image, so how to do settings on this image.

if you guys help me out that will be great.

thanks

Last edited:
When I installed oscam on pli maxvar dm500, I had to do it manually oscam is not on the pli download server so I had to manually download the oscam binary and copy across to the box via ftp. Also had to copy the relevant config files and set permissions. Needed a startup script as well. All in all it was a bit of a headache. Cccam is easy because it's on the pli download server so it can be auto installed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thanks guys for your help,. i read the above two threads then i will do.

if i stuck any place, i will let you know.

thanks

hi guys i downloaded this file "e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar", then i did dcc, ftp, /temp & send this file to temp folder,. after this on tv i did manuam install so message shows successfull. then i click on "SoftCam Setup",

Default Softcam : None (here i can't see CCcam2.1.3)
Cardserver : None (here i can't see OScam_1.00)

so how to select & Save the above cams in the above fields.

i am followint exactly this thread instructions https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267610/

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys i downloaded this file "e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar", then i did dcc, ftp, /temp & send this file to temp folder,. after this on tv i did manuam install so message shows successfull. then i click on "SoftCam Setup",

Default Softcam : None (here i can't see CCcam2.1.3)

so how to select & Save the above cams in the above fields.

i am followint exactly this thread instructions https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267610/

thanks

Did you use the left/right keys to select the cam?

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

hi guys i downloaded this file "e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar", then i did dcc, ftp, /temp & send this file to temp folder,. after this on tv i did manuam install so message shows successfull.

then i did "download latest menu", then i go to "downloads", softcam & cardserver, then i click on cccam2.3.0,

then i click on "SoftCam Setup",
Default Softcam : cccam2.3.0 ( i selected this)

then i Save the changes.

after this i again go to dcc,ftp,. now what i should do get every thing setup properly. please let me know.

thanks

hi there, where i have to go to select Left/Right key to select Cam. after which step i have to do this.

thanks

By your previous post, you were in the emulator settings. Something is amiss somewhere.

Here is another post you may want to read.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/293132/

I'll drag my Clone out later and see if I can get further than you are. Could you post a link to the image you are using. Also, you do know that there is a ready made PLI image which you can install from the download section. I would also highly recommend the Commando image.

hi there is am using exactly this light weight image, which will take less space in memory.

so to get success by using this image, what exactly i have to do.

i check that ready made images are around 8mb is size, which will take lot of space in memory, so i will give a try by using my PLi maxwar image.

plese let me know,.

thanks

Attachments

• pli-Jade3-dm500-maxvar-20090627-6494.zip
    5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
hi there, you guys having lot of experience to setup this db500s, how to get success, because most of the things what i am reading that things i can't get in my box.

so where i am doing wrong.

thanks

With thanks to Jfish post https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/268618/#post1981591

1. Transfer your emulators to /var/bin/
2. Set file permissions to 755
3 Issue the following telnet commands. This is on the assumption that your binaries are called "oscam" and "CCcam". Adjust as necessary. Linux is case sensitive, cccam and CCcam are different.)

touch /var/etc/plimgr/cardservers/oscam
touch /var/etc/plimgr/cams/CCcam

4. The latest versions of oscam won't start if the system date is older than the build date. To ensure that this does not become an issue for you, navigate to /var/etc/plimgr/scripts/ Using Notepad++, not windows notepad, edit the following file "emuserv"

Add the two lines underneath after the version number near the top of the document. Thanks to PaphosAl https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/279158/#post2045864

rdate -s time.mit.edu
sleep 5

Ensure that the file properties are still in Unix format when transferring back.

5. Transfer your config files over, reboot the receiver and select your cams.

If you download CCcam from the feeds, then ignore the relevant bit in section 3.

hi there this is exactly i was trying to do like this above steps, as you have given.

1)- i am transfering this file to /var/bin/ -- e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar & i copy one more file in this location based on pdf says "oscam-0.99.4a-SB-svn1765-ppc-tuxbox-linux"
2)- this in /var/bin i gave permission to this file "e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar" as 755
3)-
touch /var/etc/plimgr/cardservers -- in this location nothing is there, so how to put oscam (where i can get this file),
touch /var/etc/plimgr/cams -- in this location nothing is there, so how to put CCcam (where i can get this file),
4)- i have Win XP_SP3 o/s, -- i could not see Notepad++ in my PC,
hi ther i am totally confuse, i am using PLi Jade3 Maxwar light weitht Image, so i don't know how to get success.

I am still confuse, wether my above file is correct, or i need some more diffrent files to complete this things.

thanks for your time & effort to helping in this little project.

thanks

Last edited:
4. Download notepad++ from filehippo.com. I would also suggest you install filezilla and putty as alternatives to DCC. Ignore if you prefer DCC.

1. I said to transfer the emulators. If I have confused you, sorry.

Extract "e1-CCcam_2.1.3_OSCam_1.00.tar". You will find three folders. One of the folders is called bin, the emulators are in there. Transfer those to the bin folder on the the DM500. YOu can keep the names as they are or rename them. I renamed them.
3. Those are telnet commands. You can issue them using Putty or DCC.

With the exception of the telnet commands, screen prints are in Jfish's pdf.

hi there, don't feel your self confusing me. you are trying your best to help me in this little project.

i will do every thing to get success, whet ever you are suggesting.

i will download the above mention files, and i will let you know my progress.

i will back soon.

thanks

Last edited:
hi there, i did this things one by one till now

1)- i transfer CCcam_2.1.3 & OSCam_1.00 to /var/bin successfully.
2)- i give both of them permession as 755.
3)- i give this commends by using telnet, exactly same i enter
touch /var/etc/plimgr/cardservers/oscam
touch /var/etc/plimgr/cams/CCcam
after giving above commands then i go to this "/var/etc/plimgr/cardservers/oscam", shows oscam size is Zero.
and the same way i goto this location "/var/etc/plimgr/cams/CCcam", shows size is Zero.
4)- i already download notepad++ and install on my PC, now i am looking this file to edit "emuserv", where i will get this file.
in that file, do i have to just type like this "rdate -s time.mit.edu" you mean to say, i am confuse here also.
5)- which "config" file i have to transfer, and on which location i have to transfer.

hope i get success soon , because of your help.

thanks

4)- i double click on notepad++ then i click on File, Open, after this i can't go to this location "navigate to /var/etc/plimgr/scripts/" to Edit "emuserv"

but i can Edit this "emuserv" by using dcc to go to this location "/var/etc/plimgr/scripts/", and it is in readable format. so can i add this two lines by using dcc.
rdate -s time.mit.edu
sleep 5

i can see on Line#23 REVESION 1.04, after this Line#24 is empty, do you mean i have to put this both on Line#24 -- rdate -s time.mit.edu
sleep 5

if i am not right, then at what place i have to add the above two lines.

5)- which config file & at what location i have to transfer, please let me know Name of the config file & path to transfer it.

please let me know

thanks.

Last edited:
Back