David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
PRINT A A A
David Cameron has claimed divine inspiration was at work when it came to drafting a key concept for Conservative Party policy.

Speaking last night at his Easter reception in Downing Street, the Prime Minister reportedly said he was simply doing God’s work when he launched the “Big Society” initiative of volunteering and civic responsibility.

“Jesus invented the Big Society 2,000 years ago,” Mr Cameron said. “I just want to see more of it.”

On the day that saw Culture Secretary Maria Miller resign over a furore about her expenses – despite repeatedly being back by the Prime Minister – Mr Cameron was said to have no comment on a singer’s choice of hymn: “Ave Maria”.

He went further than any recent prime minister in speaking publicly about his faith, according to the Daily Mail, and took the opportunity to offer his support to Britain’s Christian community.

“It is the case that Christians are now the most persecuted religion around the world,” Mr Cameron said. “We should stand up against persecution of Christians and other faith groups wherever and whenever we can.”

And offering his services to help the Church keep up its commitments to Jesus’s Big Society concept, he a little bizarrely compared himself to a company that unblocks drains.

“If there are things that are stopping you from doing more, think of me as a giant Dyno-Rod,” he said.

Mr Cameron faced a backlash from his own Conservative Party MPs yesterday over the way he handled Ms Miller’s resignation.

Speaking after the soprano at the reception had finished her rather apt choice of hymn last night, the Prime Minister said: “The Bible tells us to bear one another’s burdens. After the day I’ve had, I’m definitely looking for volunteers.”

I errm think we are dealing with a bunch of looney tunes seriously WTF!!

Source:David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work' - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Just shows how low they will go to get votes: so Cameron now thinks he is the new Jesus........................just how far up his own a*se is he ?
But it is not just Cameron, it's all the politicians !!!
They are all so used to spouting lies and bullsh*t they don't even think about who or what they are speaking about and the sort of comments they make show just how far they are removed from reality !!!

New competition, 50DW cash for the best Crucified Cameron.

Cameron.jpg

slide_345175_3605426_free.jpg

Anybody who votes for a party led by this tw*t deserves everything they get. :Laugh:

Just shows how low they will go to get votes: so Cameron now thinks he is the new Jesus........................just how far up his own a*se is he ?
But it is not just Cameron, it's all the politicians !!!
They are all so used to spouting lies and bullsh*t they don't even think about who or what they are speaking about and the sort of comments they make show just how far they are removed from reality !!!

Makes you wonder how delusional they can get!.....Probably no worse than his audience. Yet polls indicate he's considered a better leader than the potential alternative.
Sadly, I'm inclined to agree, but the "kingdom of the blind" rule applies.

As for the Jesus thing, it was a fairly common name even at the time, but there's no credible evidence any one of them was remarkable in any way.
All mainstream religions have much in common, not least being the lack of any, even just plausible, confirmation, despite much searching.
Ironically, even politicians are more convincing, and at least you can complain, because you may be alive when the "jam tomorrow" gets lost in the post.

And, depending on your definition, civilization existed long before the BC/AD split, or doesn't exist even now!

I don't know what he's selling, if it's nausea, he certainly got a talent, but there are several hundred competitors in line, and on both "sides".

its easter holidays.

a reference to jesus will get him the christian votes ;)

not sure if the rest of the vibrant multi-cultiral society will appreciate it though lol

I swear I barely modified the aspect ratio of this one.

Cameron 2.jpg959a9ed0624216336e8d253aceb89e2b.jpeg

Back