Data Usage Question

m4rkyw

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi just got my first smart phone, an HTC Wildfire s and im complete noob to all this,im looking for some info and advice on how much data per day an average user just using it for internet, email etc would use, would 200mb per month last long ?

also looking for some handy an must have apps if anybody can advise, thanks

Just control what has access to the net if you watch loads of youtube vids then it will eat your data 200mb is not much for a heavy user.

I was just wondering wot data i would use checking emails an dw an googling a few times a day, no downloading or streaming, approx how long would it last is what i was wondering, thanks

iv been googling an im thinking 200mb wont last that long but found the Three Goody Bag PAYG for £10 with alleged unlimited data so iv ordered 1 of them

I had been using the next one up which was 350mins 300 text and all you can eat data all for £15.00 on 3 but I have now moved over to giffgaff so I get free calls between myself and partner ect and unlimited data and text for £10.00

if your phone is unlocked then get a giff gaff goody bag.

10 quid gives you 200minutes, unlimited text and unlimited internet.. :)

hi just got my first smart phone, an HTC Wildfire s and im complete noob to all this,im looking for some info and advice on how much data per day an average user just using it for internet, email etc would use, would 200mb per month last long ?

also looking for some handy an must have apps if anybody can advise, thanks

you will munch 100mb, just in background. things like googl? tracking you. apps transferring your contact list, to there's. downloading and transferring your emails to googl? and any apps that ask for them.that sort of thing.

I turn my "Packet Data", off. till i need the net. if you do that. 100mb will do even if you like youtube.

got my Giff Gaff goody bag sim today (not three like i said in first post) cheers FocuS for leading me towards that kind off app thats the type off must have apps i was looking for,, iv been checking my data usage since last weekend and iv used over 200mb using my wi-fi and even if i cut back a bit 200mb of data a month wouldnt last near all month,,, 02 wer giving me 150 mins 1000 txts 200mb data on 02 gogogo double, feck them the giff gaffs the best looking deal iv seen so bye 02

i just dumped giffgaff after they disconnected my data for the second time this year- they accused me of tethering when i have never done it, my useage was under 1gb this time - thier loss as ive recomended them to loads of people and they are now disconnecting after i told them about the dirty tricks they are pulling.
ive now set up phone on virgin, they gave me 400mins, 2500 txt and 5gb of data for 5.99 per month!!!!! it stays at this price as long as i keep paying, sim only.
the package is normally £17.99 but got a discount for being a virgin media customer and a returning customer, rolling 30 day contract.
I loved giffgaff when i first connected, they were really cool, but now they are turning into all the other companys and treating thier customers badly, whats the point of emailing you that they have disconnected the data when you cannot recieve the email until you get home - i reset my phone lost all my installed apps and settings because of thier accusations thinking it was a handset problem.
i wont ever connect up now to a company that you cannot call directly and sort out problems straight away, not when it takes them 2-3 days to reconnect your data only after you have pleaded your case - and i thought we were the customers.....
so be careful with them, if you stream movies (which was in the t&c when i took it out) or use a lot of data one day (like to download a large app etc) then your likely to be falsely accused of tethering and will have to beg to sort it out. Unlimited my backside lol, they have secret data limits so are falsely advertising imho.

thanks for the info 'audiobookman',, i knew the unlimited data was at their discression, if i can get about 800mb that would prob do, so hope the coonts dont cap me

ive now set up phone on virgin, they gave me 400mins, 2500 txt and 5gb of data for 5.99 per month!!!!! it stays at this price as long as i keep paying, sim only.
the package is normally £17.99 but got a discount for being a virgin media customer and a returning customer, rolling 30 day contract.

Now that's a cracking deal, nice one.
HH.

Back