Dancing On Ice contestants revealed

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
The new stars of TV show Dancing On Ice have been unveiled.

The 12 celebrity contestants have been in secret training for the past few weeks - and have already notched up some eye-watering injuries.

Pop star Gareth Gates, TV presenter Sarah Greene, ex-Hear'Say singer Suzanne Shaw, tennis ace Greg Rusedski, singer Samantha Mumba and former Page Three model Linda Lusardi are among the hopefuls.

The line-up is completed by former Olympic medallist Steve Backley, cleaning guru Aggie Mackenzie, GMTV's Michael Underwood, Hollyoaks actor Chris Fountain, and TV presenters Natalie Pinkham and Tim Vincent.

The ITV1 show was launched at London's Natural History Museum.
Every one of the contestants is nursing some painful injuries and Lusardi, 49, has had the worst of it. She is skating through gritted teeth after breaking a bone in her foot during a nasty fall.

Coming off the ice and slipping on a pair of comfy shoes, she said: "I dislocated my foot and broke a metatarsal - hence the granny shoes. I had to spend Christmas without my high heels, which was more traumatic than breaking my foot!"

How Clean Is Your House? star MacKenzie, 52, has also been in the wars. "I've had lots of injuries. I have to wear a permanent support on my left knee. I've got bruised ribs, a sore back, and I can't turn over in bed without groaning," she said.

Other injuries include torn ligaments, twisted knees and bruised legs.

The show begins this Sunday with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby presenting.

Amazing how many Z-list celebs come out of the woodwork when these tv reality shows are aired.

Back