Gamu Nhengu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
N0112651286347492210A.jpg

6 October 2010 07:54am Rejected X Factor hopeful Gamu Nhengu has been told she must leave the UK voluntarily.
The 18-year-old singer was allowed to stay in the country as a dependent while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, studied at university.
But the visa has now run out and the family's application to remain in the UK has been rejected as they did not meet all the criteria set down by the Home Office, the UK Border Agency said.
They must now leave the UK voluntarily or face deportation to their native Zimbabwe.
A spokesman for the Home Office said the decision to axe the student from X Factor was the "business" of the television show. He could not say whether the omission by judge Cheryl Cole had been decided after talks between immigration officials and the programme's bosses.
Officials were now speaking with Miss Nhengu and her family, who arrived in Scotland from Zimbabwe five years ago, about leaving the UK. They do not have a right to appeal and the singer cannot apply separately to remain in this country.
A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "The applications made by Ms Ngazana and her family were considered in line with the published immigration rules. Ms Ngazana's application was refused as it did not meet all of the conditions for approval. Her family, who had applied as her dependants, were therefore also refused. Where people are found to have no right to remain in the UK we expect them to leave voluntarily."
So far more than 210,000 fans have signed up to a Facebook page called Gamu Should Have Got Through, protesting against the decision by Cole on Sunday to leave Miss Nhengu out of the final 12.
Former X Factor star Stacey Solomon gave her backing to the starlet, saying: "I think she should get a second chance, and everyone thinks it. But we'll see what happens. Everyone loves her, she was brilliant."
At least one of the rejected contestants will be given a lifeline at the weekend as a wild card on Saturday night's programme

'At least one of the rejected contestants will be given a lifeline at the weekend as a wild card on Saturday night's programme '

Guess it wont be her then ! She is an illegal immigrant ... alledgedly ?!

What are these rules that her mother didn't 'meet all the criteria' on anyway ?

maybe she shouldnt have tried out for that 'dream' then

the ones i hate are the ones saying 'i am doing for my kids'

now i am not a parent but i am sure if you do anything for your kids is just be there, they dont want money just your time....

now i am not a parent but i am sure if you do anything for your kids is just be there, they dont want money just your time....

Kids do like material things as we all do, but they end up shoved in a draw or a cupboard.

What they do remember is the love and support you give them. I make a hbit of telling my kids i love them on a daily basis,reading them bedtime storys and lsitening to them. Throw in a loads of hugs too.

I hope that is enough to keep them on the straight and narrow.

What are these rules that her mother didn't 'meet all the criteria' on anyway ?

apparently her family's right to stay in the uk expired at the end of august and her mother claimed £16,000 in state benefits (child tax cred) which her visa conditions prohibited her from claiming....

apparently her family's right to stay in the uk expired at the end of august and her mother claimed £16,000 in state benefits (child tax cred) which her visa conditions prohibited her from claiming....

which just shows that the different departments communication really works.........

If this was the case then when she applied for the money would no-one have looked at her passport and visa status before even accepting the application

They say the X Factor Judges didn't know anything about it, yet it was on the front page of the Sunday Papers the day after she was put through and that appears to be why Cheryl was allegedly told to not take her through.

They have been asked to voluntarily leave the country and return to Zimbabwe, there is no mention of benefit fraud or paying back any money for benefit fraud which is so prominent in the news these days.

She is good and could be a big success but going off the reports on other contestants as being, ex cons, druggies, hookers etc there is obviously no vetting of the contestants after they are selected to go to boot camp stage.

xfactor is fixed any way, but did you see the headlines re Cameron he was trying to get her back in as he liked her... oh I bet he had spoken to the immigration department first!!

i reckon its a publicity stunt for x factor, i think they knew well what her circumstances were, bet she gets to stay in the uk!

not the kids i know in the ghetto/liverpool they just want ya money nothing else.:proud:

maybe i'm being cynical but seems to me they always have to have a controversy. its free publicity for the show isnt it?

maybe i'm being cynical but seems to me they always have to have a controversy. its free publicity for the show isnt it?

They don't really need publicity do they,

If they did Cowell would have a haircut, or Cheryl would break a nail or Louis would stop looking like a smacked arse.

The press would report all of the above.

She could go on zimbabwe xfactor.. then again it will proberly be as fixed as ours.

Simon Cowell joins Gamu deportation fight

Simon Cowell has thrown his weight behind the campaign to save X Factor singer Gamu Nhengu from being sent back to Zimbabwe.

The music mogul's lawyers have been drafted in to help Gamu in her battle to stay at her Clackmannanshire home.

The prospect of being sent back to her homeland has been hanging over the 18-year-old after her mother's visa application was turned down.

Mr Cowell said: "We are helping Gamu and her family as much as possible."

He added: "We have lawyers working with her lawyers, not because we have to - but because I really feel for their situation, and that's outside of the show."

Multi-millionaire Cowell, 51, maintained bosses at the ITV1 show were not aware of Gamu's visa situation while she was on the programme.

"We were unaware there would be any problem with her visa until this week," he said.

The teenager's mother Nokuthula Ngazana was permitted to stay in the UK while she studied at university, with Gamu allowed to remain in the country as her dependant.

But Ms Ngazana's application to remain in the country was turned down, with the UK Border Agency saying it did not "meet all of the conditions for approval".

The visa extension was turned down on the grounds there was an administrative error in the application.

The family's solicitors said the error was due to Mrs Ngazana giving the wrong bank details, so the fee for the application could not be taken.
Simon Cowell Simon Cowell said he had been unaware of problems with the family's visa

The application was judged "out of time" as a result, but the lawyers said it was lodged in time.

Frances Farrell, the lawyer representing Gamu and her family, who live in Tillicoultry, has said she will appeal to an immigration tribunal against plans to deport them.

Mr Cowell's lawyers are expected to advise on the appeal to a Glasgow tribunal and it is understood an X Factor producer has been assigned to look after the family.

Gamu reportedly fears for her safety if she is forced to return to her native Zimbabwe.

She was eliminated from the X Factor last weekend, despite being a huge hit with fans.

More than 250,000 fans have signed up to a Facebook page called Gamu Should Have Got Through, in protest at judge Cheryl Cole's decision to leave her out of the final 12.

Ms Cole defended her decision saying: "I understand completely why everybody felt so strongly towards Gamu. I thought she was great too like all eight girls but what the public saw was an edited version of what the audition process actually involves.

"It is always a tough decision and for me personally, the part I enjoy the least. I would have loved to take all of the girls."

She said of Gamu's deportation battle: "I was not aware of Gamu's situation outside of the competition and I am incredibly sad for both her and her family but I have to stress that it did not have any influence over my choice."

Those who did make it through will face the public vote for the first time on Saturday night, with show insiders promising "a twist" to the usual routine.

John Locke, the pastor of the evangelical church that Gamu and her family attend, has started an online petition against the decision by the UK Border Agency and has so far collected more than 4,000 signatures.

BBC News - Simon Cowell joins Gamu deportation fight

A certain paper are now saying she'll face a firing squad if returned home.
It's just getting stupid now. :silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back