D500C all channels down..... :(

marcolo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just got back from a shitty day at the office only to discover that all channels on my 500 have gone down. Really peed of as i wanted to watch the manc derby!! i am running dw2.1 atm and was wondering if anyone could offer any help or if any1 knows if mid*lesex has switched to the dreaded Nagra Merlin

ANy advice or help will be greatly appreciated..........pls help
Pac_man

just do a rescan of channels they have just change around the channels

hi, i have tried this still no luck... all i get is all the channels and boquets but all channels say reading epg..

:SHOOTING:

Hi guys

Just got back from a shitty day at the office only to discover that all channels on my 500 have gone down. Really peed of as i wanted to watch the manc derby!! i am running dw2.1 atm and was wondering if anyone could offer any help or if any1 knows if mid*lesex has switched to the dreaded Nagra Merlin

ANy advice or help will be greatly appreciated..........pls help
Pac_man

same thing happened here in kent,no amount of scanning would work,reflashed and all up and running again,this was on a few boxes,glad i made a back up

hi, i have tried this still no luck... all i get is all the channels and boquets but all channels say reading epg..

:SHOOTING:

Hi I had the same problem, when you rescan there must be a various providers. One of the provider name is Uknown when I clicked on this provider all my working channels were hidden in there.

I dont know if this helps but i this provider file has all the working channels.

I have DM500c with enigma image. Hope this helps............:Clap:

Hi guys thanks for the help... Just to note-

- I have no FTA channels
- REscan does not work
- My mates in same area dont have this problem on eurovox? (strange or what)
- i am now attempting a reflash and i will let you know what happens..

PaC :grab: MaN

narz,
just done a reflash and rescan and i now have most of the channels. I am however missing most channels from the factual, lifestyle, entertainment folders..any ideas guys??

PaC:grab:Man

hi any1 from the huddersfield leeds area ..need my 500c reflashing all my equipment is over in london..pm me plss..

p.s. channels off air..

guys

is anyone else having probs with all channels going off air...
thing is mines went off and i done a rescan etc and i am back up and running....one of m8s still cant find nuthing and he has rescanned around 20times and we reflashd it..........does any1 know what maybe going wrong? Could it be sumthin in the setttings?

Cheers PaC>MaN

hi any1 from the huddersfield leeds area ..need my 500c reflashing all my equipment is over in london..pm me plss..

p.s. channels off air..
you will probably of changed to nagra 3 mate which means your not getting your channels back on, no amount of reflashing or scanning will get them back!

Thats what i originally thought mate.... but my other mate who lives in same area has no probs...all he done was a rescan...its a weird one.....plus i havent received my new card for the change?

PaC

Thats what i originally thought mate.... but my other mate who lives in same area has no probs...all he done was a rescan...its a weird one.....plus i havent received my new card for the change?

PaC
can you not get your friend to make you a backup of his image and flash it for you to see if that works!

you could also take your box to his and try it, or vice versa to see if either work!

guys

is anyone else having probs with all channels going off air...
thing is mines went off and i done a rescan etc and i am back up and running....one of m8s still cant find nuthing and he has rescanned around 20times and we reflashd it..........does any1 know what maybe going wrong? Could it be sumthin in the setttings?

Cheers PaC>MaN
does your m8 have a basic sub or bb?, if not they could have pulled the plug in the street cabinet.

Hi

Thanks for the info lads.
Basically after further investigations i would like to comment as follows:
- The signal in my own apartment has gone very low. I can pick up all channels but its odd, as some FTA dont work yet some of the sub work...?? basically im missing or cant pick up most channels as they are way to pixelated etc. I have a sub/bb pack with vm as well.

- My mates box is fcuked... he can pick up all channels but it simply states "epg canot be found" so zero channels work, not even FTA ones. i think his area has switched to Nagra 3 - but cant be sure is there anywhere to check?

Any other help info will be appriciated.

Cheers
PAC MAn

you say you have a sub to vm?, can you not take your official vm box to your friends house to check his incoming feed and if all is well then you know your mates box has a problem and concerning n3 have you received a new card?, ive noticed that vm have been doing alot of work over the past couple of months as alot of people seem to be losing channels and signal levels are going up and down all around the uk so its not just you and your mate.

hi mdt

In reply to your post...

The subbed box keeps showing scrambled numbers on the screen which are constantly changing....(if that makes sense)
None of us have received the new viewing cards..

I have read that vm are fluctuating the signals making it very hard for dreamboxes to pick up and even harder for cloned boxes as the components are alot crapper. But the subbed boxes can still detect low signals? I dont know how much of this is true btw..

Does anyone reckon a reflash of a diff img would b worth a shot? im currenlty using dw2.1

Pac MaN

Last edited:
cant see how a different image would make any diff mate tbh, and the clone boxes are just as good if not better than the originals!

hmmm fair play..... i still dnt get what is going on though.....im just going to hv to presume nag3 is in full force....:nopity:

PaCMaN

Back