cs an m2 card

crofty05

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i wanted to cs an m2 card to my brohter tomor night for the match but cccam wont suport it so is there any other cam i can use

cheers digi again i done a bit of reading last night is it possible with gbox m8

i have read it works with gbox, i read its ok with 2.1b and 2.25d. I dont use gbox so not tried myself.

Si

any version of mgcamd will work, as mgcamd is just the client cam, the cardserver to use with mgcamd is newcamd, newcs wont work properly, im experimenting with it, and can get it to work localy with no problems, but the cs side crashes every now and then when updating the card

ok so if i was t use gbox i add the g line on my box were the card is am i right and still give my bro the c line

Newcamd and cccam are fine and more supported too imho, not sure Gbox is the best option? Maybe logic_187 will give the info you need though. Newcamd with m2+ card and cccam clients working fine ;)

wow this is harder than i thought i thought i understood the cams i thought each cam was just for different things i didnt think you could use them together so what is the difference with cccam and newcamd

I know about a few of the softcams but CCAM seems to be the favourite out there....Gbox was very good (so my sources tell me ) in the old days but since then so many CAMS have become available and now CCcam seems to be the forerunner. btw CCcam client is compatible with most servers including GBOX ..... so my sources tell ;-) lol

newcamd/newcs are just card readers (card servers) which then pass on the info to the client emu eg CCcam and mgcamd etc.

If you want to get you m2 card you first need to get the card read, so this is where newcamd/newcs comes in. Then add your users into either cardserv.cfg or newcs.xml depending on which you decide to go with. You then take that info you just added and make your N line in cccam cfg which allows you then to connect to newcamd/newcs.

depending on your setup you can get you brother to connect to cccam to use the card or you can add your brother as a user in newcamd/newcs and give him a N line.

I have only used newcs and cccam so i can only advise on them to be honest. o if you decide to go the newcs route i would use 1.65.

Si

that i understand a bit now i have got the reading in my box with gbox and newcamd as far as i can remember but before i go any further if have cccam on my box and newcamd i add bought n lines in cccam.cfg and also in to newcamd then just pass him on a c line if i wanted i have most ports open so that should not be problem firewalls are of

I've never liked Gbox. In the old days it never had public support and thats what killed itself imho. Newcamd and Newcs were around with real support in public, and Gbox were chasing the field forever more -the masses took control, Gbox flopped :)

In any case, back on topic. Cams are different as they use different protocals; like countries use different language, like pc's ~ mac's or MS, linux, Dos, etc etc.
Cccam can 'talk' different languages, such as it is able to communicate with a Newcamd server, or a Newcs server.

Crofty05, my opinion is that you are best to install Newcamd fom your downloads server, then take a read of the config files that come with it. Once you set up the cam you can just add normal lines in clients cccam, as usual. However, it wont be a C-line it will be an N-line ~as explained in the cccam config file.
I'm not sure how Gbox gets round the translation problem (dont really care tbh) but I think its by adding software to the server, so I'm sure you are better to take the normal popular route -Newcamd.

there were reports on other sites that some people had it working using cccam+newcs but for me it didnt play ball at all....however this was a while ago..... in the end i gave up that project......

Last edited:
Yes runs in newcs1.65 with the pincode option in the xml removed or hashed out. Before it only worked with versions 1.30 to 1.60.

Si

i remember trying the versions you stated but they didnt work i had someone whos goog with that stuff to advise and they couldnt figure out why it didnt work either.......if with newcs1.65 you just need to hash out the pincode entry then crofty is better of going with CCcam+newcs

Back